All-Star 2012 Uca Disney

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

MyDaughterCheers

Cheer Parent
In Memoriam
Mar 27, 2011
This is probably a really dumb question. . .I have to mail the minor release form to Varsity. It says on the bottom of the form to mail to Varsity's Offices. There is no address on ANY of the paperwork I received. Does it get mailed to the return address on the envelope? Thanks!

i would talk to your gym owner, they may want to send them all in together.

Thanks, they are having us do our own registrations and I couldn't get ahold of anyone, so thought someone here may know. :)

My gym is sending in individually as well. There was an address on an invoice I also had to send. I mailed mine to the address on the invoice (p o box 752790 Memphis TN 38175-2790). Sure hope that was the right place!

Question about a location in ESPN. I see this year UCA has a third performance area in ESPN called the Varsity Arena. I looked on both the ESPN-Disney website and UCA and i don't see this location anywhere. Does anyone have any info on this?

Question about a location in ESPN. I see this year UCA has a third performance area in ESPN called the Varsity Arena. I looked on both the ESPN-Disney website and UCA and i don't see this location anywhere. Does anyone have any info on this?

At HS Nationals, it was a Tent that they put up in the field nect to Jostens. I ran in for a few and it was pretty nice! It will be in Wide World. When you enter wide world, you will see it as soon as you get to the intersection w/ the Field House and the Entranced to the Cafe, it is off to the right as long as they build it in the same spot. :) It was temperature controlled and all - heated or a/c whatever was needed!

At HS Nationals, it was a Tent that they put up in the field nect to Jostens. I ran in for a few and it was pretty nice! It will be in Wide World. When you enter wide world, you will see it as soon as you get to the intersection w/ the Field House and the Entranced to the Cafe, it is off to the right as long as they build it in the same spot. :) It was temperature controlled and all - heated or a/c whatever was needed![/quot

Thanks for the info. My daughter is competing in Milk (I will not call it by its new name!) Im glad there are 3 venues that I can go to in ESPN. Indiana Jones is too much work to go back and forth to.

They had the tent in 2007 and 2008 - before the Jostens center was built and they had a third venue. This year the competition has grown to the point where they need a fourth venue, so the tent is back.

It's not as bad as it sounds. I have been in the tent, and like SparkleSpankies said, it is really nice. It doesn't feel like a tent at all. It is enormous - same size seating and stage area as the Josten's center. I promise it doesn't even feel like a tent. It just happens to have a tent-like covering. Wait until you see it - and the good thing about it is that it's another venue at Wide World of Sports, keeping most of the competition in one area.

Time out..... people are competing in a tent...... ?
I think that was my initial reaction too, especially since we're in the Varsity "Arena" on Day 1. However, I have heard from a few people now that it was actually pretty nice.

Time out..... people are competing in a tent...... ?

I put this on another thread as well, but back in the late 90's they used to use a big tent set up next to the Rockin' Roller Coaster.

It wasn't great, but it wasn't as bad as it sounds. I remember that you had to compete there on Friday if you didn't win your regionals, just to make it to the weekend.

Yes, people, back in the day, not everyone got little trophies.

I think that was my initial reaction too, especially since we're in the Varsity "Arena" on Day 1. However, I have heard from a few people now that it was actually pretty nice.
Let's all remember that it is Disney and there are not too many coners that are cut there. They have a reputation for nothing but the best. I've been to this competition three times and never competed in the tent but seeing that its Disney, I wouldn't have too many concerns. Just my opinion.

Back