2014-2015 Release Of Athletes

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

How did you notify the gym you were leaving and did they acknowledge it in writing somehow?

This could be important if the gym all of a sudden claims you didn't leave prior to 11/1. Should that happen contact your usasf regional rep ASAP. Your new program should be able to help you with the contact info.

How did you notify the gym you were leaving and did they acknowledge it in writing somehow?

This could be important if the gym all of a sudden claims you didn't leave prior to 11/1. Should that happen contact your usasf regional rep ASAP. Your new program should be able to help you with the contact info.

You don't technically have to leave prior to November 1; just can't compete on or after November 1.

You can still compete, just not at Worlds.

I thought Worlds was implied or we wouldn't have been talking about a release.

But this does raise the question of whether we'll see a release required to compete at the Summit in the near future.

A quit fee? Who assesses a quit fee and what does it cover?
We do. I have to re-choreograph the routine, or at the least, teach someone new the routine, the front office has to close the account, coaches fees that were going to be collected over a 12 month period are now going to be missing and we will come up short, all fees are determined based on the amount of kids that try out. We have several reasons behind our quit fee. It's explained in our handbook and they're all pertinent reasons.

You said they hadn't competed yet? There is no release required before November 1st if they haven't competed yet. So they can't refuse to release the athlete because a release isn't necessary.

well her old gym has her registerd under USASF and wont release her until the $250.00 quit fee is paid. which i can pay right now

well her old gym has her registerd under USASF and wont release her until the $250.00 quit fee is paid. which i can pay right now

If she hasn't competed yet, then there's no need for the gym to release you.

This is for gym owners and it's for the 2014-2015 season. It's the most up to date information I can find.

https://usasfmembers.net/members/resources/Terms_for_gyms.pdf

"All Gym owner members of the USASF/IASF have a Professional Responsibility to comply with the USASF Gym Release policy that states: Any athlete that has competed on the floor with a team in any level from a gym (Primary gym), during the Worlds competition season (November 1, 2014–May 1, 2015) will have to have a USASF Gym Release Waiver signed by the owner of that gym (Primary Gym) before that athlete is eligible to compete with another gym (Secondary
gym) at the 2015 Cheerleading Worlds . The USASF Gym Release Waiver is located on the US All Star Federation: Home website."

That's different from the "Release Policy." If they refuse to release her on the USASF website, I'm pretty sure the regional rep can make the changes. They can't hold an athlete hostage unless the athlete has competed with the program AND it's after November 1 AND that athlete goes to a team that competes at Worlds. In that case, the only competition an athlete needs a release for is Worlds.

That's different from the "Release Policy." If they refuse to release her on the USASF website, I'm pretty sure the regional rep can make the changes. They can't hold an athlete hostage unless the athlete has competed with the program AND it's after November 1 AND that athlete goes to a team that competes at Worlds. In that case, the only competition an athlete needs a release for is Worlds.
That was my understanding too. I can't see USASF getting into the collection business.

That was my understanding too. I can't see USASF getting into the collection business.

thank you everyone for your help and info, my issue still is not resolved. I guess i am stressing since my daughter has an awesome chance at this new gym and the new coaches have put that spark back in my daughters eyes. Just wish it will be resolved soon.

i told them face to face Oct 8th and followed it up with an email the following day

The gym can file a small claims case, but they must prove that they are actually out the $ and it can not be recovered. This would be very hard to prove, (i.e. - if an athlete is on a team of 20, leaves, and the team competes as a team of 20 all season then the gym has recovered their "costs"). There are also valid reasons to file a counter claim to validate reasons for leaving.
However, as the consumer, it is best not to enter into any such contracts or to revise the contract so that the consumer is protected.

Your new gym should be able to help you get in touch with the USASF regional rep to get it fixed on the website and update to being a member of their gym now.

None of this stops you from training and even competing there unless they are using online USASF membership info to register her for a comp--again a regional rep can help clear it up.

There is no reason for this to hold your CP back in any way.

ETA: you're paying your new gym money for the training and competition opportunity, I think it's reasonable to ask them to help with this issue and expect some reasonable assistance.

Somebody has been digging through the archives. Lol

**There is a fine line between looking Fierce in a routine and looking Ehr Meh Gawwd**

Latest posts

Back