All-Star 2014-2015 Teams

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Half year and limited practice is only a suggestion. Many gyms are using prep teams for teams that aren't quite at level but are too skilled for the lower level.

Our owner and I were discussing this and I think it is absurd that, for example, a level 1 regular all star CP couldn't cross to a level 2 prep team at the same comp. isn't that what "prep" is for. You are not quite ready for that next level but you are close and need experience before moving up? Why punish these kids and not let them do a true all star team at a lower level?

I do understand not crossing levels down to a prep team. That makes perfect sense to me.

ETA: this probably needs it's own thread. Sorry for going off topic!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Our owner and I were discussing this and I think it is absurd that, for example, a level 1 regular all star CP couldn't cross to a level 2 prep team at the same comp. isn't that what "prep" is for. You are not quite ready for that next level but you are close and need experience before moving up? Why punish these kids and not let them do a true all star team at a lower level?

I do understand not crossing levels down to a prep team. That makes perfect sense to me.

ETA: this probably needs it's own thread. Sorry for going off topic!

Prep is for kids that are not sure if they are ready for full all star or don't want as much of the time and financial commitment, not necessarily for kids that are trying to move up a level.

Prep is for kids that are not sure if they are ready for full all star or don't want as much of the time and financial commitment, not necessarily for kids that are trying to move up a level.

That was the idea behind it initially but many gyms are using it a "half" team---L2 prep is treated as a L1.5 team, for example. Same commitment, not quite the full skill.

Last year Lady T's was intended to be a full year restricted team and competed in that division through dallas. Half way through the season we added athletes to become international and compete at worlds. Two years ago it was a true half year team. At this point to my knowledge Lady T's doesn't exist in any form.

They actually competed IAG twice before Dallas. First at SU BATBN where they got their at latge worlds bid and at BATC.

Is there a list of all Maryland Twisters teams for this year?

If @cheerdiva22 is who I think she is, she was on Lady T's this season.

Also Lady T's did compete in the IAG5 division prior to their final competition as a restricted five team in Dallas, but the teams were made up of different people. You can go back and see the differences in the routines.

Is there a list of all Maryland Twisters teams for this year?
Not yet, teams are still being announced tonight (and possibly tomorrow, I'm not totally sure)

Back