OT 2014 P&g Championships

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
From what I've heard it's because her Mom wanted Chow to focus more on Gabby. Chow apparently also tried to start making his gymnasts sign contracts that wouldn't allow them to leave? Apparently USAG got wind of it and shut it down, but Gabby's Mom wasn't happy about it. So I think that and the fact that Chow has more elites this time with legitimate shots at Worlds/Olympics and wouldn't be able to focus all on her. It mostly seems like it was her Mom's choice? But I'm not sure.

I wish Jordan Chiles was eligible for Rio too. She is SO talented.

Congrats to Jazmyn Foberg for winning the junior competition! She didn't even qualify last year so that's pretty amazing!

I really liked learning about her mom during the Olympics.

But then all of those interviews/movie afterward when we find out that the whole family moved to LA to pursue entertainment careers on Gabby's dime. It rubbed me the wrong way

Best of luck to her on her come back tho....although I'm a little over her and would rather see a new set of gymnasts in Rio

I really liked learning about her mom during the Olympics.

But then all of those interviews/movie afterward when we find out that the whole family moved to LA to pursue entertainment careers on Gabby's dime. It rubbed me the wrong way

Best of luck to her on her come back tho....although I'm a little over her and would rather see a new set of gymnasts in Rio

I thought the movie was a little much myself, and wasn't a fan of the move to LA either. I was happy to hear she was back w/ her old coach, but I guess that was short-lived :(.

simone is killing it. still won by almost 4 points... but i worry that she is peaking too soon. can she keep this up til rio? ugh i hope so.

I'm worried about her peaking too soon as well, especially after they showed those time lines for past Olympics.

Is it weird they when I have children I hope they I have them in a year that would put them at age 17 in an Olympic year....JIC...

I'm worried about her peaking too soon as well, especially after they showed those time lines for past Olympics.

Is it weird they when I have children I hope they I have them in a year that would put them at age 17 in an Olympic year....JIC...

the top 7 juniors from today will all be age eligible for Rio. they aren't currently throwing near the skills simone is, but if they peak at the right time ya never know. i hope not. i would love a team with simone, bailie key, and norah flatley. (pending everyone not getting injured and continuing to excel) i have like 5 other people that could potentially go in those two spots... idk.

not weird... i occasionally think about it, too. they need a year competing senior elite before the olympics.

twitter just said Aly Raisman was named to the PanAm team... did i miss something? when did she start training again? where the heck have i been?

twitter just said Aly Raisman was named to the PanAm team... did i miss something? when did she start training again? where the heck have i been?
They gave an update on the Fierce 5 during the broadcast and said Aly and Gabby were starting to train again, McKayla was starting to train again after having surgeries, Jordan has been seen in the gym but they aren't sure of her status, and that Kyla was obviously training since she was competing tonight.

She definitely didn't make the team, but she is training. PAN AMS TEAM- Baumann, Desch, Hundley, Kocian, Locklear, Nichols, Skinner. As much as I've loved watching the dominance by Simone this year, I can't wait to see the comebacks next year. Aly, Gabby, and McKayla back, plus all those juniors aging up will be so much more exciting.

She definitely didn't make the team, but she is training. PAN AMS TEAM- Baumann, Desch, Hundley, Kocian, Locklear, Nichols, Skinner. As much as I've loved watching the dominance by Simone this year, I can't wait to see the comebacks next year. Aly, Gabby, and McKayla back, plus all those juniors aging up will be so much more exciting.

i knew she was planning on attempting rio.. hadn't realized she was training again already. the WOGA twitter congratulated her??

ETA they fixed it and said they got excited and meant aly baumann lol i was super confused that Marta just put her on the team

Simone is a beast! I hope she doesn't burn out before Rio. And next year will be exciting!! Aly and Gabby are back. McKayla will be back and hopefully injuries free. And it's pre Olympics year so it's will be really interesting. Oh and Laney will be competing which is my favorite part of next year competitions. Just hope she won't peak before 2020. She is 13 and has 6 more year until Olympics. There is so many gymnastc that were amazing as juniors but when they became seniors they were more like...meh... Rebecca Bross, Katelyn Ohashi, Komova,...

It's nice to see y'all follow this! Anyways my favorite junior is Morgan Hurd, she's so sweet. When I lived in Delaware I went to first state and trained with her! She has come along way. I am so happy for Jazmyn also!

I've never really watched gymnastics, but this was an interesting competition to watch. I'm in LOVE with Simone, her power is just amazing. Def going to try to continue watching competitions and get more involved in gymnastics! :cheering:

Back