OT 2014 P&g Championships

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Nov 8, 2011
Anyone watching? I believe the broadcasts are tape delayed a day late and are shown on NBC Sports. I don't have cable so I won't be able to watch, but day one is broadcasted live online so if I'm not doing anything tonight I'm going to try and catch the seniors.

I'm really hoping Simone Biles is able to pull off a repeat. Which I think she'll easily do unless she has a ton of falls. I'm also excited to see MyKayla Skinner and hope that she can do well. I really want to see her go to Worlds. Sad because Brenna Dowell is only competing bars, but I hope she does well.

Here's the site that has the info for broadcasts and what not
Live | P&G Gymnastics Championships

The Gymternet | The ultimate gym site. For the ultimate gym nerd.
I also really like this site! Lauren, the creator/writer, used to work on The Couch Gymnast and I think a lot of her articles are really well written and helpful.

Just read that they have so much time to kill due to the small field that each gymnast is going one by one and they have time to immediately replay their entire routine.

Also, if anyone missed it, Rachel Gowey fractured her ankle during podium training and is out for this as well as Worlds :(

obsessed with Gage's leos. and the male announcer is driving me nuts. Sam is doing a great job, though. and yes, @cheerKT just about every routine has been shown twice, or at least highlights right after.

I really loved Ashton's bars routine.

Bummed about Kyla's fall, but hey, now is the time to do it, I guess!

And per usual. I just love Simone. I want her to do a harder vault.

I really loved Ashton's bars routine.

Bummed about Kyla's fall, but hey, now is the time to do it, I guess!

And per usual. I just love Simone. I want her to do a harder vault.
I want Simone to do a Cheng for her second vault. If she could get a TTY that would be pretty awesome as well

Have I mentioned how bummed I am about Rachel Gowey? I really wanted her on the Worlds team =(

I DVR'ed the footage and CP and I watched it last night. I've never really watched Simone except for a few YouTube videos of her vaults - wow, I was blown away w/ how good she was on floor and beam - she is just at a whole other level than the others - amazing! That double layout w/ the half twist at the end - she twists so fast it's almost invisible to the human eye! In the NBC footage the announcers were talking about how much she dislikes uneven bars and that Simone said that she was hoping when she became an Elite she could stop doing them like Alicia S., but then she had to keep doing them because she got too good. They said she said that she'd like to take a Chainsaw to every pair of uneven bars in the world cause she hates them though - my CP loved this because she HATES uneven bars too, and thought it was cool that such an amazing gymnast would feel the same way ;).

I thought Kyla Ross' beam routine was so boring - many college gymnasts have more interesting skills. My CP gasped "whoa!" as soon as she let go of the bar to do her dismount and knew then she was going have trouble even though she flipped around about 5 times afterward from what I saw - I thought it was interesting how CP could tell that.

Seing Nastia Liukin announcing reminded me of how good her and Sean J. were.

They were interviewing Gabby Dougless too - I guess she wanted to compete, but couldn't cause she had to switch gyms - sounds like she's training in Ohio now? I wonder what that's all about?

I wish Jordan Chiles was a year older....shes 13 now so that would have made her eligible for Rio right?

Anyway shes amazing

Its very vague but Olympic gold medalist Gabby Douglas leaves Chow — again

I'd also heard rumors that she had a large unpaid bill but there's no telling if that is true or not
From what I've heard it's because her Mom wanted Chow to focus more on Gabby. Chow apparently also tried to start making his gymnasts sign contracts that wouldn't allow them to leave? Apparently USAG got wind of it and shut it down, but Gabby's Mom wasn't happy about it. So I think that and the fact that Chow has more elites this time with legitimate shots at Worlds/Olympics and wouldn't be able to focus all on her. It mostly seems like it was her Mom's choice? But I'm not sure.

I wish Jordan Chiles was eligible for Rio too. She is SO talented.

Congrats to Jazmyn Foberg for winning the junior competition! She didn't even qualify last year so that's pretty amazing!

Back