OT 2016 Rio Olympics

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I'd have to say marathon. It would be obvious pretty quick who has never run that far in their lives. I'd be crossing the line after 9.5 hours with a starbucks pit stop.

And sailing. I wouldn't have the first clue how to pull that off.

I'd have to say marathon. It would be obvious pretty quick who has never run that far in their lives. I'd be crossing the line after 9.5 hours with a starbucks pit stop.

Heck, I've actually run 2 marathons and the people at the Olympics still do it about twice as fast as me, that just blows my mind.

Oh yeah! Running is very unforgiving to those who haven't trained for it or, at least, prepared.

Add fencing to the list. If you have had no experience with it, it is obvious pretty fast when you are eliminated in the first 10 seconds.

I actually think swimming would be a challenge for a lot of people. I was shocked to learn that a bunch of people never learn how to swim and are actually afraid to be in the water! It's unheard of if you were born near water but much of the world is landlocked.

I don't know track rules but how does diving to the finish line count as crossing it first?! I feel like in running, your feet should be what crosses the line first.

But what if someone was on a super experienced horse who knew the ropes?
lol I guess they make it look easy, but no way - so much goes into it for both horse and rider. You could memorize a dressage pattern or jump course, but try getting a horse to do any of the dressage requirements if you are a novice rider, or try remembering the course pattern when you are going at top speed over 4' jumps with some hairpin turns, particularly on a horse that has a lot of "go". Horses have very specific rider cues for everything they do - much is almost invisible to the general public - weight shifting, heel movement, minor finger movement on the reins, etc. More importantly, the horse is just as much the athlete and must undergo years of rigorous training to be able to do the patterns and courses required at that level. It would be like comparing forward rolls and cartwheels to Olympic level gymnastics.

I don't know track rules but how does diving to the finish line count as crossing it first?! I feel like in running, your feet should be what crosses the line first.

They mark your time by when a body part below your head (so torso down) crosses the finish line. It looked like smart racing to me, as she new the other girl had caught her and was staying with her and she timed that dive perfectly to beat her across the line. She was way ahead and got caught in the last 20m or so

It's the torso that determines when you cross. That's why you see almost all runners lean forward when they cross the finish line. I don't know about in the Olympics, but I've seen several people dive across the finish line lol

It's the torso that determines when you cross. That's why you see almost all runners lean forward when they cross the finish line. I don't know about in the Olympics, but I've seen several people dive across the finish line lol
They mark your time by when a body part below your head (so torso down) crosses the finish line. It looked like smart racing to me, as she new the other girl had caught her and was staying with her and she timed that dive perfectly to beat her across the line. She was way ahead and got caught in the last 20m or so
Well dang, I would've done track in high school if I knew I didn't have to run 100% of the race! :D

Well dang, I would've done track in high school if I knew I didn't have to run 100% of the race! :D

You would have still had to run 99.9% of it and be in a top position to dive. So, it is probably best that you weren't on the team. :D

I actually think swimming would be a challenge for a lot of people. I was shocked to learn that a bunch of people never learn how to swim and are actually afraid to be in the water! It's unheard of if you were born near water but much of the world is landlocked.

A bit of topic but i cant swim. ive been in swim school or what you call it like atleast 7 summers but i just never learn. i may be able to swim like 10 meters but only with my arms. i just cant seem to get the arms and legs to work together. but honestly i manage quite well eve though i cant maybe do certain stuff when at the pool.

Swimming would be the toughest for me to fake followed by all of the other water sports

They would notice something was up when I don't resurface.

I can't swim. My parents spent 1000s on lessons over the course of 3 summers and I physically cannot swim. No fear, I just physically can't

I think 100m or 200m dash would be the easiest for me to fake. Especially if you release a cat, Possum , raccoon, rat, armadillo, and a couple of pit bulls behind me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back