OT 2016 Rio Olympics

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I don't know track rules but how does diving to the finish line count as crossing it first?! I feel like in running, your feet should be what crosses the line first.

It's upper body and your head doesn't count and it should be feet imo. I think her winning is crap. You should have to run over the finish to win a race, not dip it low like you're on a slip n slide

I think a slide is a false win and should couldn't count just like false starts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
That's how the US won a bronze in a men's race in the Beijing Olympics. I can't remember what distance it was, only that the 4th place finisher was from the Bahamas.
I don't know why people would want to try doing that. Aren't they concerned with the possibility of breaking a rib or some other bone? I know if I tried to do that, I'd end up faceplanting and breaking my nose.
Haha for real. I guess the medal/win is worth the risk

It's upper body and your head doesn't count and it should be feet imo. I think her winning is crap. You should have to run over the finish to win a race, not dip it low like you're on a slip n slide

I think a slide is a false win and should couldn't count just like false starts.

Agreed. Even if the rule is torso (which I still think is BS) fine, but according to my anatomy textbook the torso is the "trunk below the head, excluding limbs." The only thing crossing the line there is head and limbs. Ridiculous.

I actually think swimming would be a challenge for a lot of people. I was shocked to learn that a bunch of people never learn how to swim and are actually afraid to be in the water! It's unheard of if you were born near water but much of the world is landlocked.

Actually I have a friend that has lived at the beach for most of her life and never learned how to swim. She's actually scared to be in the water.

wait did she purposely fall or just happened to fall right at the finish line.

In Track, particularly, in the sprints, diving for the finish line is a common occurrence. Luckily, most of the runners who dive, instead of runnung or leaning for line tend to not be too successful...However, I think with this runner, S. Miller, she was successful because she perfectly timed her dive or got lucky and I think, her 6'1" height gave her a physical advantage against t
Felix(5'6") too...I think Felix probably thought her torso or chest crossed the finish line before S. Miller's, so the big surprise is when she came in second and that happened to her in the 200 m race at the Olympic Trials too.

Last edited:
wait did she purposely fall or just happened to fall right at the finish line.

It looked to me that she fell into it. She was trying to keep ahead of the silver medalist and I think she fell into it more than purposely dove for the finish. You can see her get a little tripped up right before she dives

She deliberately dove. She said it in an interview. She said she was just thinking about the gold medal

It's a legal move so there's no point in her trying to dispute whether she did it intentional or not

anyway. sad Sydney McLaughlin didn't have a better Olympics

Diving over the finish line in track is like sandbagging or crossing down multiple levels. No one likes it but it's legal - and plenty of people will do it to win.

Don't love that she dove, but if it was Allyson Felix that did it I'm sure I would have been ALL about it haha.

I'm nervous/excited for this beach volleyball game tonight. KWJ/Ross vs. the defending World Champs and top seeded Brazilians. The other Brazilian team got upset by Germany today so Brazil will NOT be want to shut out of the gold medal final. They better bring it!

Don't love that she dove, but if it was Allyson Felix that did it I'm sure I would have been ALL about it haha.

I'm nervous/excited for this beach volleyball game tonight. KWJ/Ross vs. the defending World Champs and top seeded Brazilians. The other Brazilian team got upset by Germany today so Brazil will NOT be want to shut out of the gold medal final. They better bring it!

Of course. She would have been a hero, a patriot and a national treasure. But since she didn't do it, it's wrong, I hate it and it needs to be abolished.

Getting salty about these things is just apart of the Olympic process. #NationalPride

Kind of like how I was all team Lily King last week "yassssssss girl, read that Russian" but this week I was all "Well Justin Gatlin said he was sorry and he's changed!!!"

We truly don't need war.... Just the 'lympics

I think the team that was eliminated was the top seed, but the other one is #2 so either way haha. But I agree, it is going to be a tough match tonight.

Canada now has 3 times the number of gold medals won in 2012. (Let's ignore that it was only 1 in 2012....)

@Miialovescheer looks like Sweden is going to get another medal! :)
Going to be a rough bronze medal game for Canada, since they're playing against Brazil.

Yes they are! And i am so happy for the girls!! But theyre coah Pia already has two gold with USA so she knows a thing or two about winning the olympics. The way that the team took this match is just the way they need to play against Gernamy! I hope tat canada can take the bronze too! Good luck to them!

Noo! So sad for KWJ/April.
I just had a bad feeling about this match. Especially after Brazil #1 was eliminated earlier in the day, Brazil did NOT want to be shut out of the gold medal match on their own turf.

I am so sad for KWJ and Ross but they played their heart out! And Brazil just looked incredible out there. Props to them.

Back