College 2017 Nca College Nationals

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Just as a general observation:
I think it's really interesting how common front full/double baskets have become ever since all star started allowing twists in level 5 pyramid flips.
You used to never see front full and doubles but the past few seasons I started seeing them more and more and this season EVERYONE is doing them. I love it, they catch so much better than back baskets on teams with lower baskets. Much less dangerous for the "less good" teams.

I'm sure others have done it, but Bridgewater State has been doing them for years, and I remember the first time I saw them do it thinking how uncommon and unique it was (the flyer used to be a diver and had a gorgeous front double). It's great to see it becoming more common. Definitely safer.

I'm sure others have done it, but Bridgewater State has been doing them for years, and I remember the first time I saw them do it thinking how uncommon and unique it was (the flyer used to be a diver and had a gorgeous front double). It's great to see it becoming more common. Definitely safer.

Completely agree. Ive seen back baskets go crazy all the time but front baskets that don't rotate just end with the flyer on her stomach.

Back baskets where the flyer doesn't get her toes through..... Scary.

WOW, really? that's heartbreaking :/
I know :( I'm going off of what I saw on the results on Varsity, hope I'm correct! I looked online because I was curious about them too. I can only imagine they had a bad performance ... I can't see them not advancing with a hit routine.

Just as a general observation:
I think it's really interesting how common front full/double baskets have become ever since all star started allowing twists in level 5 pyramid flips.
You used to never see front full and doubles but the past few seasons I started seeing them more and more and this season EVERYONE is doing them. I love it, they catch so much better than back baskets on teams with lower baskets. Much less dangerous for the "less good" teams.
We did front fulls two years ago (same with arabian front fulls that scared the living bejeezus out of me). Back baskets were a struggle for some of our girls to get their toes through so we switched to those.

The weekend was amazing. It was so fun, so much talent, so much innovation! So many divisions were amazingly close. Scratching my head about UNH win tho'- Sam Houston was awesome and both Sam Houston and Towson had way more tumbling skill- really thought it was Sam Houston's day. They slayed!We were speechless after their performance.

@Mcheer wow if you think offering a mostly positive opinion of a competition is gossip you better stay far away from the New Uniform threads...

@Mcheer wow if you think offering a mostly positive opinion of a competition is gossip you better stay far away from the New Uniform threads...
I'd say about 99% of all negative ratings on here are done by accident, chances are that one was too :)

Back