College 2017 University Of Kentucky Cheerleading Tryouts

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Any idea if their team sits courtside and/or if the dance team cheers WBB games? There's just no way that many athletes are sitting courtside unless they have some weird set up. I would have loved to only cheer half of the WBB games at my school, so I'm jealous if that's what they're doing. :p
South Carolina has a massive all girl team who cheers women's games (like at least 30+ girls). I believe they assign games by stunt group so you don't have to cheer each one but there's still a good number of them there.

I could be wrong, but weren't Jaclyn Fyffe and Jennifer Creech on Blue squad last year? Was there enough talent to bump them down to White, or am I making it all up and neither of them was ever on Blue (a very likely scenario)?

Any idea if their team sits courtside and/or if the dance team cheers WBB games? There's just no way that many athletes are sitting courtside unless they have some weird set up. I would have loved to only cheer half of the WBB games at my school, so I'm jealous if that's what they're doing. :p

Tournaments are obviously different but at the SEC WBB tournament this year they had 6 couples and no dance team. Most schools brought both (Miss State only brought Dance though )

But I would think they rotate couples for basketball game a

I also know in the past people have tried out and made white, and tried out at another school and never end up cheering at U.K. So the team numbers probably figure themselves out naturally

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

side note where do they get their outfits? they are very 90's-esk... and is it common for these schools to practice in 'workout skirts?'/ old dance costumes :p

UK is tradition heavy. They always have to wear the leotard with the skirt and sash. Guys wear a polo, khaki shorts, and a belt to do their tryout too.

Not to mention that UK does not have an all-girl squad due in large part to T. Lynn Williamson who is rumored to be a traditionalist but Louisville, Morehead State and WKU each have an all-girl squad.

Not to mention that UK does not have an all-girl squad due in large part to T. Lynn Williamson who is rumored to be a traditionalist but Louisville, Morehead State and WKU each have an all-girl squad.
They aren't the only school who believes that. If I ran a college program I probably would do similarly if I am presented with only 1 budget for maximizing school spirit at athletics events while ensuring that team fulfills all their other duties as students too. While staying coed, UK has been able to make scholarships a real thing because their budget for 'scholarships' isn't thinned out.

As for UofL, their 3 teams along with what they do for gameday are an absolute cluster. It's even said that some of the people that compete with UofL have never cheered a football or basketball while at the school.

Last edited:
They aren't the only school who believes that. If I ran a college program I probably would do similarly if I am presented with only 1 budget for maximizing school spirit at athletics events while ensuring that team gets fulfills all their other duties as students too. While staying coed, UK has been able to make scholarships a real thing because their budget for 'scholarships' isn't thinned out.

As for UofL, their 3 teams along with what they do for gameday are an absolute cluster. It's even said that some of the people that compete with UofL have never cheered a football or basketball while at the school.

What does UL do for BB out of curiousity?

They aren't the only school who believes that. If I ran a college program I probably would do similarly if I am presented with only 1 budget for maximizing school spirit at athletics events while ensuring that team gets fulfills all their other duties as students too. While staying coed, UK has been able to make scholarships a real thing because their budget for 'scholarships' isn't thinned out.

Spot on. And some of them don't even go to UofL - they go to Juco. Not saying it's good or bad - just a much different philosophy than most college cheer programs.

What does UL do for BB out of curiousity?

Louisville's large coed squad cheers for all football games and home men's basketball games and tournaments while Louisville's all-girl squad cheers for home football games, home women's basketball games and tournaments and home women's volleyball games and tournaments. Louisville's small coed squad is competition-only as it consists of cheerleaders from large coed and all-girl squads who failed to make their teams' competition squads.

Back