College 2018 Nca College Nationals

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Haven't looked up the results but the video says this was the winning partner stunt group from Alabama

Alabama kicked butt! I also liked Ohio State but they were so early they might not have figured in Weber State impressive in all categories. especially since they are home grown, non all star but each group had a fall or fail Sam Houston's all girl group rocked it!

Well, the UCA College Mascot Nationals was streamed and archived but not the partner stunt championship. My suggestion is for UCA to do the college partner stunt championship much like the high school partner stunt championship where judges judge videos instead of live action. Now there's a thought.

What does that mean?
taking this from my personal experiences, not from any official statements or actions..

when varsity is pushing for something on an international scale, they often get feedback from various sport groups about encroachment of cheer onto other sports' activities. To not ruffle any feathers in their quest for mainstream IOC acceptance, they will essentially put a media block on the varsity pieces that could cause problems.

Notables from the past: dance from every angle (ballroom, jazz, doubles, solos, etc - which is why ICU dance has funny names and rules), acro, gymnastics, power tumbling

I am guessing acro said Partner Stunt is too similar, which resulted in the media block of both college partner stunt competitions to avoid issue with various approvals and recognition of cheer.

Back