All-Star 2019-2020 Teams

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Stingray Virginia has two locations: Ashburn and Manassas.

Ashburn:
Cosmic - Youth 1
Helix - Junior 1
Pandora - International 2
Solar - International 4
Luna - Mini prep 1.1
Gemini - Junior 2
Twilight- Senior 3
Twinkle - tiny novice

Manassas has only released team names, so no levels yet.

Update: Manassas is released teams
Nova - International 2
Titan - International 3
Venus- senior 4
Comet - youth 1
Halo - senior 1

Stingrays Michigan has only released names
stealth, recon, patriot, covert, cadet, alpha, ballistic, combat and sniper

Wow. NT HAS EXPLODED THIS SEASON. I feel like every other post is a gym adding it!

I remember seeing this past year that at times teams like Lady Lux did not have anyone going against them (ex: I think they were the only one at NCA.) Or they went against one other team.

Should definitely make comps more interesting this year for them!

I’m curious why Plano never fields a youth 5, is that because you prefer to push those kids up to fury cats/jags?? So excited to see wonder cats back and I know the y5 division is dead but with youth elite this year I had my hopes up for a quarter second that y’all might take them on.

On an unrelated note to CA anyone heard anything about WC and possibly a twinkles comeback?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Twinkles are Junior 5 this year

Wow. NT HAS EXPLODED THIS SEASON. I feel like every other post is a gym adding it!

I remember seeing this past year that at times teams like Lady Lux did not have anyone going against them (ex: I think they were the only one at NCA.) Or they went against one other team.

Should definitely make comps more interesting this year for them!
I don't know definitively the reason NT was added as a division, but from everything I heard it was so that teams outside the US had an opportunity to be more competitive at Worlds. If that is in fact true looking at gyms fielding NT teams the irony is just......

I don't know definitively the reason NT was added as a division, but from everything I heard it was so that teams outside the US had an opportunity to be more competitive at Worlds. If that is in fact true looking at gyms fielding NT teams the irony is just......

Many of the changes made by the "powers-that-be" over the years end up doing the opposite of their stated goals. (google "Streisand effect" & "cobra effect" for example from other arenas)

As long as they stick to the 3 per country rule, does it really matter how many US gyms add NT.
And I could be massively confused but i always thought the rule was two per country to move onto finals, when did it change to 3? Or has it always been 3?

As long as they stick to the 3 per country rule, does it really matter how many US gyms add NT.
And I could be massively confused but i always thought the rule was two per country to move onto finals, when did it change to 3? Or has it always been 3?

Cheerleading (at least for the time I've been paying attention to worlds) is 3 per country. You've maybe gotten that from Gymnastics, which at elite level competition (worlds championships, Pan Ams, Olympics) is the 2 per country rule. Then again I could be wrong in it being 2 per country in cheer at some point as well.

Stingray Virginia has two locations: Ashburn and Manassas.

Ashburn:
Cosmic - Youth 1
Helix - Junior 1
Pandora - International 2
Solar - International 4
Luna - Mini prep 1.1
Gemini - Junior 2
Twilight- Senior 3
Twinkle - tiny novice

Manassas has only released team names, so no levels yet.

Was the VA location previously another program that was bought out? I believe the MI location used to be another program and they became a part of rays right?

Wow - 9 World teams at Plano location
Senior 6: Cheetahs, Panthers
International 6: Ladycats, CrewCats, Swooshcats, Wildcats, PhantomCats, Scratch6
International 7: Claw7

I was hoping to see small coed 7 this year :( TG left the division as well so reckless is the only big name gym in the division this year.

If the division was created for the reason I was given, then yes. It means that just like every other international division with teams from elite US gyms, it is a huge challenge for a country outside the US and Canada to globe thus negating the original reason for the division.
I'm not a fan of the division (major understatement), but at least the explanation I was given as to why it was created made some sense to me. I wish if it was going to be a division and a Worlds one at that, it would be reserved for non-US teams the same way level 5 is this year.

Back