All-Star 2021-22 Season Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

CJA Bombshells
May I just say that this routine is absolutely insane. Especially for December. Wow.

They were also Grand Champions

1. CJA Bombshells- 48.55
2. WC Shooting Stars- 48.1
3. CJA Gunsmoke (JrCoed6)- 48.08
4. Platinum Athletics JPAC (JrCoed6)- 47.48

Question: there is much grumble about new score sheet.

Can someone explain the basics of what makes this one different from the previous years?

Or something like 10 of your athletes can touch down in tumbling and you are only going (approx) to get half a point off.

I feel like this is some sort of overcorrection from Covid season in which people were scored differently because the competitions were virtual? Obviously you have to score tougher when someone can record multiple takes in their gym and submit the best one. But now we’re headed in a drastic swing in the opposite direction.

Correct me if I’m wrong but major BFs used to be one point, yes?

You can literally drop four of eight stunt groups and only get two points off now.

Is this going to carry over to the worlds score sheet?

Because that’s wild.

Yes It sucks! But it shouldn’t carry over to worlds. World has alway had a different score sheet with different deductions. Honestly, it doesn’t make sense that you spend all season on a score sheet that doesn’t count for the biggest competition of the year.

Last edited:
I feel like I ask every year but why is cheerleading continually scored on a different score sheet all year, then changed to a different score sheet for their biggest comp of the season?!

You literally earn bids on a different scoresheet than what’s used at Worlds.

That’s the equivalent of having the Super Bowl have different rules than they have all year during the regular season.

Question: there is much grumble about new score sheet.

Can someone explain the basics of what makes this one different from the previous years?
Great question. I have no idea, but after looking at some of the performances I was shocked at how high scores were, especially because I thought the new scoring was supposed to be lower on average. The deductions are way too low. IMO if a team has have 4 stunt falls and multiple tumble busts, they shouldn't be scoring 93-95.

I feel like I ask every year but why is cheerleading continually scored on a different score sheet all year, then changed to a different score sheet for their biggest comp of the season?!

You literally earn bids on a different scoresheet than what’s used at Worlds.

That’s the equivalent of having the Super Bowl have different rules than they have all year during the regular season.
Because "technically" USASF and V are two different things. Worlds is comparative. Your score is reflected on what and how you perform based on others in your division.

V has a rubric based, though there will still be an element of comparative scoring. You know that if you do x number of skills, you'll score y.

Can't use the V scoresheet at Worlds cause they aren't related /s

Back