2021 Nca College Nationals

Discussion in 'College Cheerleading, NCATA, & STUNT' started by Kentucky Girl, Apr 5, 2021.

1. Keep_Believing

Keep_Believing Moderator

Shimmys Received:
    Web:
    Twitter:
    stormydakota
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    Agree Weber is insane and incredible. Their difficulty is untouched at College NCA. They deserved Grand Champ. The team may not be well known to the general public, but it is very well known with the College Cheer athletes that live and breathe Cheer. Athletes move from all over to be on that team. Many of the athletes on that team came from TVCC. Some came from UK, Texas Tech, etc. The athletes on that team are very experienced Cheerleaders. No surprise many Weber athletes are also Team USA members.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2021
  2. Sterling von Shimmer

Sterling von Shimmer When all else fails.... I shimmy

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    If you want to extend the NCA experience, I suggest the book Cheer! by Kate Torgovnik.

Couldn’t help but think of it this weekend while watching SFA and Southern. It’s a few years old, but still relevant. It focuses on three teams’ journeys to NCA and really makes you root for all of them even though you know only one can win. Super good.

3. Keep_Believing

Keep_Believing Moderator

Shimmys Received:
    Web:
    Twitter:
    stormydakota
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    Is that the same book that talks about the eating disorders and drug use in college cheer or am I getting it confused?

4. Sterling von Shimmer

Sterling von Shimmer When all else fails.... I shimmy

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    Yeah it touches on that. I feel I should clarify it’s not the book from the AS athlete that came out a few years ago that no one liked.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  5. AndyT_T

AndyT_T Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    My alma master’s Small Coed D2 Advanced and Small Coed D2 Intermediate teams both won with the Intermediate team having the 6th highest score of NCA! Additionally their reigning champion Large Coed D2 Advanced got second, their All Girl Group Stunt got Third, they had a coed stunt compete for the first time ever placing 10th, and both the Jazz and Hip Hop dance teams from my school won NDA!

I believe that’s 9 NCA titles for my school in 5 years across 3 divisions! If winning college nationals is your goal add Lindenwood to your list!

Last edited: Apr 12, 2021
  6. cheerKT

cheerKT Best Overall Poster Fantasy Football Winner

Shimmys Received:
    Twitter:
    ktguen
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    I want to shout out the Carolina Girls! First time National Champions in Team Performance 1A!

7. oncecoolcoachnowmom

oncecoolcoachnowmom Bestest Newbie '14

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    In case you did not actually see Weber, it's worth watching. They were grand champs of the entire comp. Their partner stunt groups place or win every year, too. Very consistently good program for sure.

8. Keep_Believing

Keep_Believing Moderator

Shimmys Received:
    Web:
    Twitter:
    stormydakota
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    It makes me mad that Varsity does not film partners or group stunt, but they don’t want anyone else to film and share. I saw on Twitter where a guy shared the first place partner stunt and it was removed due to copyright violation. Varsity didn’t even film it.

9. Keep_Believing

Keep_Believing Moderator

Shimmys Received:
    Web:
    Twitter:
    stormydakota
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
  10. oncecoolcoachnowmom

oncecoolcoachnowmom Bestest Newbie '14

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...: