College 2021 Nca College Nationals

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Agreed. Teams like Navarro, Louisville and TVCC get talked about the most and I am not taking anything away from them because they are great teams, but Weber State is the best team in cheer - college or allstar IMO. Their skills and technique are amazing - they don't hide anything with flashy choreography so they often get overlooked. And for a relatively unknown college in an area with no obvious feeder program they have been consistently good for years. It's really impressive to me.

Agree Weber is insane and incredible. Their difficulty is untouched at College NCA. They deserved Grand Champ. The team may not be well known to the general public, but it is very well known with the College Cheer athletes that live and breathe Cheer. Athletes move from all over to be on that team. Many of the athletes on that team came from TVCC. Some came from UK, Texas Tech, etc. The athletes on that team are very experienced Cheerleaders. No surprise many Weber athletes are also Team USA members.

Last edited:
If you want to extend the NCA experience, I suggest the book Cheer! by Kate Torgovnik.

Couldn’t help but think of it this weekend while watching SFA and Southern. It’s a few years old, but still relevant. It focuses on three teams’ journeys to NCA and really makes you root for all of them even though you know only one can win. Super good.

Is that the same book that talks about the eating disorders and drug use in college cheer or am I getting it confused?

My alma master’s Small Coed D2 Advanced and Small Coed D2 Intermediate teams both won with the Intermediate team having the 6th highest score of NCA! Additionally their reigning champion Large Coed D2 Advanced got second, their All Girl Group Stunt got Third, they had a coed stunt compete for the first time ever placing 10th, and both the Jazz and Hip Hop dance teams from my school won NDA!

I believe that’s 9 NCA titles for my school in 5 years across 3 divisions! If winning college nationals is your goal add Lindenwood to your list!

Last edited:
It makes me mad that Varsity does not film partners or group stunt, but they don’t want anyone else to film and share. I saw on Twitter where a guy shared the first place partner stunt and it was removed due to copyright violation. Varsity didn’t even film it.

Knew it was coming but this really sucks. Parents of college students shouldn't have to pay more than $1,200 (not including flights) to see their kid compete. And it is affecting all hotels, because I called to reserve the hotel I have stayed at every year since 2016 and they tripled their rates from last year.

Knew it was coming but this really sucks. Parents of college students shouldn't have to pay more than $1,200 (not including flights) to see their kid compete. And it is affecting all hotels, because I called to reserve the hotel I have stayed at every year since 2016 and they tripled their rates from last year.
That is awful. I pray they honor reservations that were made ahead of time.

That is awful. I pray they honor reservations that were made ahead of time.
It's not required, so you can stay anywhere you want. However, by doing this, they have driven up the cost for all of the hotels in the area, making what was once an affordable trip more expensive than a Summit package JUST for the spectator. Keep in mind the athletes stay in separate hotel rooms and pay their costs, and many colleges require either mandatory fundraising or charge athletes to go to Nationals, so now many parents are getting whacked with "NCA" hotel fees twice.
I did a quick search and one of the Tier 3 hotel packages which is $1,147 was $800 through Expedia for the exact same 4 nights (and there is absolutely no need to stay more than 3 nights), so it was $560 for the 3 nights - about half the cost as the NCA spectator package rate.

Back