All-Star 2021 Worlds - Day 1 Discussion

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

AND I just realised we get to sleep in another 2 hours tomorrow! What a treat :cloud9: (Yes, that means I'll set my alarm to just before 4pm my time, I'm fully embracing an EST sleeping schedule for worlds lol!)

Thoughts:

Shout out to Miss Hiss! They looked great!

Yes Swoosh!

Incredibly excited to see Coed Elite hit.

NTAll Girl is going to be close.

Mixes are still annoying.

Fewer themes and props! Yay. I am still recovering from the Diamonds hat incident from NCA 2020.

COED Elite has never excited me until today, super happy for them.
I say this every season but Holy CJA Bombshells.

I think Bombshells looked great, too. For me, the best teams do win. If you don't hit, you aren't the best.

I’d agree. CJA bombshells had a consistent season. As OP said, it was a clear fluke, also one of the stranger things I’ve seen happen at worlds. For me, the consistent teams are the best. That fluke, resulting in a deduction, doesn’t say any less of them. Nor do I think because they had that fluke that they are not the best. Just my 2 cents.

What team are they talking about on cheermad that was disqualified because a kid and parents didn’t tell the gym she just tested positive for Covid? They claim it was another family member who informed the health department that they were attending worlds.

What team are they talking about on cheermad that was disqualified because a kid and parents didn’t tell the gym she just tested positive for Covid? They claim it was another family member who informed the health department that they were attending worlds.
There was one team on the performance order from yesterday that was nowhere to be found in the results. I don't want to call them out and assume it was them though. I was not able to rewind back that far and see if they actually went and something went wrong.

ETA: Just found the post, it would not have been that team. But if anybody knows what happened with ICE Aftershock in XS6 or if I'm missing them in the results somewhere, let me know!
But it may have been another team that came off the schedule the day before yesterday.

Last edited:
I’d agree. CJA bombshells had a consistent season. As OP said, it was a clear fluke, also one of the stranger things I’ve seen happen at worlds. For me, the consistent teams are the best. That fluke, resulting in a deduction, doesn’t say any less of them. Nor do I think because they had that fluke that they are not the best. Just my 2 cents.
Flukes happen I get it. What I mean though is that if that had been in finals and they did not win because of it, then I would say that they were not the best. Or more simply, they were not the best team yesterday.

Just saw this tweet, this is the "victory lap" in question!

I would be furious if I was Top Gun and LJ really did get a deduction for this. I am nearly positive that for every single worlds I have attended (nearly 10), every team exits to the right (If you are looking at the mat). It was probably just automatic for the athletes to exit that direction (I saw many other teams do it yesterday but they weren't running in a group), and get waved in the other direction by the staff to exit off the mat. I am willing to bet that is what happened rather than an intentional victory lap.

Back