All-Star 4-year-old Cheerleader To Be...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Boo!! Now why would he want to cheer for a football team like that????

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
That's funny. The UK tour guide had a similar reaction.

He is really looking more for the academic part than cheer part (which he should) and likes the UK business program better. Besides, he isn't sure he would make either cheer team so he may not be cheering for any sports teams.

People were talking about parents wanting skills FOR their kids a few pages back.

In privates, you can totally tell which kids WANT the skills for themselves, and which kids are doing the private just because MOM/DAD says they want Suzy to have a full in time for evals.

Those are the ones who whine, complain, bail, cry, are late walking in, and generally waste time. They don't actually CARE if they get a full. They are FINE on Senior 4. It's MOM who wants her on Level 5 next season. They look like they'd rather chew glass than tumble EVERY time they walk in.

I've stopped a private after repeated "I don't really want to do this" half-attempt drills and asked kids before "Why are you here?"

Sometimes, they'll say "Because I want my full." There are others (especially kids with a little less filter) who will say "My mom says I HAVE to get my full by April so I can be on Level 5 at _________."

Younger ones are the best because they'll just flat out tell the truth and say "My mom said I have to get my BHS or I can't cheer next year."

Those are my fave answers to "Why are we doing this?"

"Because my mom said she's not paying for cheer if I don't move up to Level 3."
"Because my mom said I can't get the new iPhone until I get my standing tuck back."
"Because if I don't get my tuck, my mom said she's not getting me new Uggs."

Oop.

People were talking about parents wanting skills FOR their kids a few pages back.

In privates, you can totally tell which kids WANT the skills for themselves, and which kids are doing the private just because MOM/DAD says they want Suzy to have a full in time for evals.

Those are the ones who whine, complain, bail, cry, are late walking in, and generally waste time. They don't actually CARE if they get a full. They are FINE on Senior 4. It's MOM who wants her on Level 5 next season. They look like they'd rather chew glass than tumble EVERY time they walk in.

I've stopped a private after repeated "I don't really want to do this" half-attempt drills and asked kids before "Why are you here?"

Sometimes, they'll say "Because I want my full." There are others (especially kids with a little less filter) who will say "My mom says I HAVE to get my full by April so I can be on Level 5 at _________."

Younger ones are the best because they'll just flat out tell the truth and say "My mom said I have to get my BHS or I can't cheer next year."

"Because my mom said I can't get the new iPhone until I get my standing tuck back."

Oop.
That is just sad.

Oop.
The hilarity being, by the time the mother shelled out those privates, it would have been cheaper for her to just get the kid the dang phone/Ugglies/shiny new bauble that'll break in 2 weeks/etc for Christmas. She's bribing her with a toy, by shelling out for privates for a skill. The mom should have said, "I'll get you XYZ- but YOU have to pay for the privates to earn it."

But that's logical and that's not allowed.

Oop.

This just makes my heart hurt.

Oop.

On thing that my mom always attributed my success in progressing in tumbling was that even at a young age, I wanted my tumbling. She did pay for privates, made sure I went to open gym, without me asking but I wanted to be there. She may have put me in the ideal situation but at the end of the day, she never pushed me to get any skill. With my bhs, it was "taking privates will help you get there." I was the one who pushed myself in privates, in practice. In my 13 year career my mom was never the reason why I progressed.

I say that because I think the more a parent pushes a kid for a skill the more likely they won't achieve it. We had girls on my team who had cheered for years but it took them forever to ever tumble because they didn't have the drive. Many of them ended up quitting cheer because they realized that they didn't want to do the work or deal with the pressure of progressing.

Last edited:
At old gym - My daughter was 5 on a tiny team with 3, 4, and 5 year olds. The 3 year olds really had no business on the team honestly. Let's talk about peeing on their self and their lack of attention. I was annoyed. My daughter was 5 though so I tried being understanding .. We joined right before competition started and the tiny team worked on tumbling a lot. The routine was barely worked on. We competed and the 3 year olds were lost running everywhere. We weren't that good and we lost .. To other tiny teams!

I think they should of told some of those parents those kids were not ready. Just my thoughts. I don't care that the kids took forever to get a cartwheel it wasn't about that I was literally only upset about kids getting to sit down at practice because they threw a temper tantrum and didn't want to be there.

New gym will only allow those kids to do a show team. They will not put a tiny team together and the only time they ever had mini team they were amazing and won NCA. If they did not have level 1 skills and the attention span to do it those kids even if mini aged were left on show team that year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think this is the first mini mix I've heard that wasn't at a considerably slowed speed.

I think this is the first mini mix I've heard that wasn't at a considerably slowed speed.

yoooooooo Harry Reid was still the Senate majority leader the last time this thread was posted on. how on earth did you dig this up?

yoooooooo Harry Reid was still the Senate majority leader the last time this thread was posted on. how on earth did you dig this up?
LMAO! I was looking up 'casserole' because Jule brought it up in another thread and I wanted to finally learn what it meant.

LMAO! I was looking up 'casserole' because Jule brought it up in another thread and I wanted to finally learn what it meant.
Did you find out? It's from The Oatmeal - it's some cartoon about their/they're/there. It's hilarious - but I can't find it right now to share.

So when we say it on here, it means someone's got some grammar issues. [emoji1]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Did you find out? It's from The Oatmeal - it's some cartoon about their/they're/there. It's hilarious - but I can't find it right now to share.

So when we say it on here, it means someone's got some grammar issues. [emoji1]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Googled it and got a bunch of pics of oatmeal casserole.

Thanks for making me hungry at 1 am, Fierceboard.

Back