All-Star 4-year-old Cheerleader To Be...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

It takes everything in my soul not to laugh when people mention the "full ride" they want Suzie to have because of cheerleading.

Where will she be trying out? Unicorn State?

(In all seriousness, I was unaware that cheer was supposed to pay my FULL college expenses. Can someone call Sallie Mae and get her straightened out?)

And no matter what kind of scholarship you get... No way is it going to make paying for cheer worth it. You HAVE TO be doing cheer (or whatever other activity your child is involved in) for something other than paying for college. Mathematically that is just idiotic. I could have funded a 4-year stint at MIT for cp20 with the money I spent on cheer if I'd put it in the bank and kept her home studying.

It was all the OTHER benefits from cheer that made it worth it. The friendships, the teamwork, the leadership skills... and quite frankly that she enjoyed it.

(and the obvious benefit of it kept her "off the street corner" - or out of the park, as the case is here. Nothing good comes from hanging out in the park. Ever. Kids with nothing better to do with their time will ALWAYS find a way to get into trouble. Cheer - or any other competitive/travel sport - will usually keep them away from at least some of it.)

And no matter what kind of scholarship you get... No way is it going to make paying for cheer worth it. You HAVE TO be doing cheer (or whatever other activity your child is involved in) for something other than paying for college. Mathematically that is just idiotic. I could have funded a 4-year stint at MIT for cp20 with the money I spent on cheer if I'd put it in the bank and kept her home studying.

It was all the OTHER benefits from cheer that made it worth it. The friendships, the teamwork, the leadership skills... and quite frankly that she enjoyed it.

(and the obvious benefit of it kept her "off the street corner" - or out of the park, as the case is here. Nothing good comes from hanging out in the park. Ever. Kids with nothing better to do with their time will ALWAYS find a way to get into trouble. Cheer - or any other competitive/travel sport - will usually keep them away from at least some of it.)
I'm still half convinced my parents kept me in shows/sports my entire HS career so I wouldn't have time to meet boys..and the few I did meet were either A) Not interested B) I wasn't interested in them or C) Not interested in my gender PERIOD.

They were thrilled :rolleyes:

I'm still half convinced my parents kept me in shows/sports my entire HS career so I wouldn't have time to meet boys..and the few I did meet were either A) Not interested B) I wasn't interested in them or C) Not interested in my gender PERIOD.

They were thrilled :rolleyes:

My mom kept me in dance, to keep me away from boys since she knew most of the boys I danced with batted for the other team ;p

Haha! Dream big.

Also reminds me of the YouTube/Instagram vids of 4 and 5 year olds doing BHSs and "stunting" with their parents/older siblings/older kids at the gym with the tags #futuresmoed #futurecheetah #futurecards #futureshootingstars.

Your kid can't even spell Smoed yet and you have her as a member of their 2022 Worlds team?

Oh honey.
Probably no different then my 9 year olds posts about top gun OO5.

I have showed her a million videos and nothing against OO5 but if you are going to go to Top Gun wouldn't you start early and aim for TGLC? I mean that's the team I would want to be on if I was there. I don't get the obsession with this team. If I had to guess it is because her "friends" are on this team or that's what she calls them:/

I just buy her the T-shirts and say yes honey you will be on OO5. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sometimes it gets you in state.... Other times you get a $500-1000 scholarship for books, and usually uniform and such is covered. But none of that is guaranteed. If you really are aiming for scholarships it would be wayyyy more beneficial to focus on academics.

So true. Cheer (at my college) entitled me to a $3,000 scholarship, but I got offered $10,000 for academics. Guess which one I accepted?

So you mean it is unreasonable for me to think CP is getting a full ride to Louisville for cheer and TG hiring him after to do all their choreography and give him their gym?
I really do want my daughter to cheer at Louisville....because my hubby and I are both grads and that's where we met! Everyone in our families went there. My sister and BIL cheered there years ago. Why do they have to be so darn good????

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I really do want my daughter to cheer at Louisville....because my hubby and I are both grads and that's where we met! Everyone in our families went there. My sister and BIL cheered there years ago. Why do they have to be so darn good????

Agree, they are awesome.

My cp did a college visit at louisville over the summer. Also hit up UK. Loves the general area but Was kind of disappointed the coach never returned any calls or messages to try meeting him. :(

Agree, they are awesome.

My cp did a college visit at louisville over the summer. Also hit up UK. Loves the general area but Was kind of disappointed the coach never returned any calls or messages to try meeting him. :(
Louisville is a great place to live and a really fun University. We have great sports teams and very good academics for the kids who really want an education.
Which coach was he trying to contact?

Louisville is a great place to live and a really fun University. We have great sports teams and very good academics for the kids who really want an education.
Which coach was he trying to contact?

Not sure which coach but think he tried a couple of them. He really liked UK though, sorry.

mr_chang_senor_chang_laugh_spits_milk.gif

And now my cat is glaring at me.
Somebody needs to put a barrier between positive and negative ratings, it took me two accidental dislikes to rate this funny.

Back