All-Star 4-year-old Cheerleader To Be...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I get what everyone is saying, but I like the college stunt clinics for youth. My CP had a blast and it really boost her confidence. So much of cheer is mental. I feel it made her stronger mentally.

There's a college clinic and getting to work on appropriate skills with some more experienced cheerleaders. Then there's the "look at all the college cheerleaders we know and how many Level 5/6 skills she can do with them at only 8 years old."

I'm willing to bet that you're not one of those moms with one of those kids. You'd probably never let your kid just show off and do a back tuck basket with a college stunt group at a camp when you know she is nowhere near that level or age-appropriate for it.

There's a college clinic and getting to work on appropriate skills with some more experienced cheerleaders. Then there's the "look at all the college cheerleaders we know and how many Level 5/6 skills she can do with them at only 8 years old."

I'm willing to bet that you're not one of those moms with one of those kids.
Thanks! I did start out with some SM, but the board has helped me improve! LOL

Why does my kid have to be scared of coed stunting? (Except with me she trusts all my experience) lol my kid is not okay if 3 people aren't under her and college people/ and coaches are not okay either because they are to tall so an extension with them puts her "to high up" or so she says.
Sighhh
She will never be Insta famous!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why does my kid have to be scared of coed stunting?

Has she ever tried one of the TCLM stunting clinics? My CP has only gone once, but she wants to go again. I am thinking about letting her go once every Summer. At first she was nervous. I wasn't even sure if she was going to let them put her in the air. Before it ended they were doing some cool looking stunts with her. To her surprise she ended up loving it! :)

Has she ever tried one of the TCLM stunting clinics? My CP has only gone once, but she wants to go again. I am thinking about letting her go once every Summer. At first she was nervous. I wasn't even sure if she was going to let them put her in the air. Before it ended they were doing some cool looking stunts with her. To her surprise she ended up loving it! :)

We went to one recently. Lots of fun! There were girls there who did NOT expect to be flying coed stunts, but every kid did.

No, honestly she is so deathly afraid of it she probably wouldn't even make it to the clinic without having a mental breakdown. I couldn't even do that to her. Like I've said on other threads... We were told last year that she wouldn't even fly again if she moved up. They made her fly at tryouts and everyday she came home. Why are they making me do it I thought I didn't have to fly? I said well because they can't have you try out doing nothing!!!! I said just do the best you can, she did decent to my surprise and hit her stunt in the routine she had to do and hit the tumbling and jumps in the routine with ease at tryouts!

So they put her on the team and flew her .. I can't believe she is flying especially since we have an extra flyer that doesn't do anything on the team I just assumed that would be her. However she doesn't look the best in the air and she has terrible stretches BUT (she is back left corner:)) her stunts seem to hit quite often. I think because she is scared as crap up there I think she try's really hard to squeeze and stay up because she thinks she will die if she falls. So I think the fear is actually ok however I truly don't think she could handle the pressure of a coed stunt.

^^^totally agree. Around here, there are only a few level five teams. Really, even few level 4. I've seen maybe one y4 team, most youth teams have been y3 or below. Maybe one j4 team. Anyway, STILL there are many, many youth aged (even mini aged) kids doing two private lessons a week...just so they can brag that seven year old Susie has her full. Flying privates as well. I can't tell you how many videos I've seen captioned "Susie's flying college level!"

Agreeing with cool mom! Lol! Need to quote!

A lot of this is tied to parental obsession with Level 5.

Everyone is chasing a full.

What they fail to realize is:

1. There are a very select few gyms with Y5 teams to accommodate your 8 year old should she actually get her full so young. Depending on where you live; there's nowhere for her to cheer at her level.

2. Pushing skills so early leads to burn out. If you are doing practice 2x/week, privates on non-practice days, and flyer class on weekends in FIRST GRADE, that is not making for a well-rounded life that needs to include kid things, like just coloring and doing nothing. You can also CAUSE your kid to mental block because they just become so stressed and overwhelmed that they just can't do it.

3. Not every kid is going to end up Level 5. There are kids who (gasp) age out at Senior 3 or 4. Their cheer careers are just as fulfilling as their Worlds team counterparts. Really.

4. Tumbling alone does not a Level 5 cheerleader make! Sure, your 3rd grader has a full, but is she capable of basing or flying at that level? What about jumps? Can she perform in dance and pick up choreo like a Level 5 athlete needs to do? There are other factors to consider!

Last edited:
Back