All-Star A Couple Of Questions To All Of The Coaches And Gym Owners Out There!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

we are named State All Stars- because the owners cheered at Penn STATE and NC STATE- so that is where the STATE came from!
Ok...I'm rooting for you forever....WOLFPACK NATION!!!!! Alumni here :) pretty sure I understood that the wake forest Allstars (wolves) and red black and silver are both former nous cheerleaders.

*ncsu. Wouldn't let me edit.

Ok...I'm rooting for you forever....WOLFPACK NATION!!!!! Alumni here :) pretty sure I understood that the wake forest Allstars (wolves) and red black and silver are both former nous cheerleaders.

Yes our male owner, Phil, cheered with the owners of Wake Forest All stars- we do a summer camp with them as well!!

The name came to me while driving to work. I chose Cheer Dynamics and I saw this team while coaching in NJ and loved their black, teal, and white colors (Central Jersey) .... so I used those colors .... I miss owning my gym but my daughter loves California All-Stars and I like to sit back and watch (I do really miss coaching however)

Speaking of Central Jersey All-Stars....

Patty Ann Romero coached a Catholic grammar school in Carteret, NJ until 1987. While coaching this team, she simultaneously formed Carteret Rec, a local NJ powerhouse comprised of girls from the area. As the success of her Rec team grew, so did the interest of cheerleaders from other parts of NJ. So, in 1996, Patty Ann and her partner at the time decided to enter the world of All-Stars as the Central Jersey All-Stars (CJA). The concept behind the name was quite simple...the program was and still is located in the central part of the state about 30 minutes outside of NYC. Their colors were teal, black, and white until the 2000-2001 season. Sensing a need for change, Patty Ann moved her program to a different gymnastics facility in Cranford, NJ in the summer of 2001 and changed the program's colors to royal blue, black, and white. In 2010, CJA moved into their own facility in Kenilworth, NJ.

Speaking of Central Jersey All-Stars....

Patty Ann Romero coached a Catholic grammar school in Carteret, NJ until 1987. While coaching this team, she simultaneously formed Carteret Rec, a local NJ powerhouse comprised of girls from the area. As the success of her Rec team grew, so did the interest of cheerleaders from other parts of NJ. So, in 1996, Patty Ann and her partner at the time decided to enter the world of All-Stars as the Central Jersey All-Stars (CJA). The concept behind the name was quite simple...the program was and still is located in the central part of the state about 30 minutes outside of NYC. Their colors were teal, black, and white until the 2000-2001 season. Sensing a need for change, Patty Ann moved her program to a different gymnastics facility in Cranford, NJ in the summer of 2001 and changed the program's colors to royal blue, black, and white. In 2010, CJA moved into their own facility in Kenilworth, NJ.

Cheer Challenge started as a year round team for the Chalkley Athletic Association (Chalkley Cheer Challenge). When the owner decided to start a program of her own, she dropped the Chalkley, but kept the Cheer Challenge. I've always assumed our colors were just the colors of Chalkley Rec.

Yeah we may do that next season. One of them uses Cheer Zone Tigers and the other uses The Cheer Zone, so it's mostly confusing the parents and outsiders. Normally we just use Cheer Zone Mount Washington, or they list the city next to the name on the schedule anyways. I don't like using Cheer Zone Sharks because I think it's so close to Cheer Sport Sharks in Canada, even though I know the girls and parents have never heard of them.
Rambling, but all this leads me back to thinking I should have changed it while I could. Now the town and parents know the name, and it would be a hassle to change it at this point. :)

Kentucky Cheer Zone? :)

Latest posts

Back