All-Star A Night With The Popes.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Oct 23, 2010
Last night, after finishing the first day of routine camp Sarah and I, along with Ulrikke our exchange student on SE (YFU says for a year they are essentially your child so I'm back just not so involved) planned dinner with Ben and Courtney to go over how everyone was doing, talk about the team and generally reconnect since we had been gone all summer as Ulrikke just arrived. Well, to say things were hectic is a bit of an understatement and after countless emails and phone calls about posts, threads, blogs, penalties, fines, and outright brutal fabrications we all came to the conclusion that this cat was out of the bag too far to respond and it would be best to let the fire just consume the whole forest until there was nothing else to burn. To watch them being assaulted was painful to say the least. We have known them for 12 years and have never seen any indication of any of the things that were thrown their way last night, but to watch a young couple with 2 little girls go through that was heart breaking. To their great credit, as the fire burned out of control they responded to each other with understanding and grace. So after dinner we went to the IPAD and started watching the days activities, the stunts, tumbling, the pyramid (you are going to love it) and the flow of the routine and their faces brightened, we became excited about the season and it seemed the night and the last few weeks of trial and tribulation were moving quickly into the rear view mirror.

And then today, they sat down with their team, and they coached and the kids doubled their commitment and effort and by the end of the day 80% of the most innovative and difficult all girl routine I have ever seen was being hit with a group of kids that are the most talented large girl team I have ever seen. And I realized that the Popes do have and addiction and a mistress, and it is not to what they have been accused of over the last 24 hours it is their program, their kids and that specific team this weekend was SE. For all the water under the bridge, or over the dam it is evident that the bond between this couple and their kids and program is far too strong to be damaged by social media. This year is going to be special and the reason we are all here is these kids. Not accusations, fabrications and the personal lives of adults in an industry that not unlike any other industry has it's share of glass houses and people with stones. In fact, I noted to Ben last night that there is really no need to make things up, the truth is far more interesting.

That said, I write this to let those that care about the Popes and their program that all is well. The kids reminded everyone what this great sport is all about the last 2 days on the mat, and I think they are super motivated to prove themselves this year. It is going to be a joy to watch them, even if you do not support them for whatever reason. They are going to be very, very tough to beat. Now, in closing, I write this not to agitate or irritate the critics or reignite a fire and rehash the drama of the last couple of days, but to let everyone know how my friends are doing. They are just fine and their team reminded them of that today.

Someone told me earlier, kind of jokingly, that she wished I would change my name to MsBLACKtoyou so I would be "for" all teams but after the bonfire of this weekend I will definitely be keeping the TEAL in MsTealToYou!!!

Glad to be back on the team with the Gardner's this season. The sun is shining bright in NC right now.

#TeamUs

Someone told me earlier, kind of jokingly, that she wished I would change my name to MsBLACKtoyou so I would be "for" all teams but after the bonfire of this weekend I will definitely be keeping the TEAL in MsTealToYou!!!

Glad to be back on the team with the Gardner's this season. The sun is shining bright in NC right now.

#TeamUs

:D You stay you! How about MsTeal(WhoReallyLikesIrishDanceNowToo,Oddly)ToYou?

#TeamNoOne:(

Back