Aging Out For Allstar Cheer....

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think a lot of people have this negative perception of older all-star athletes.

But times are changing and this sport is always evolving. I wouldn't be surprised if a couple years from now there were open teams where everyone was at least 25.
Life Alert All-Stars.

I think a lot of people have this negative perception of older all-star athletes.

But times are changing and this sport is always evolving. I wouldn't be surprised if a couple years from now there were open teams where everyone was at least 25.
Life Alert All-Stars.
YASSSSSS

I would love it if we had open level 1-3 too. I think someone on here said they do have something like that in Europe? I guess I could always join the parent team if we have one, but no way can I get level 4+ skills or handle a Worlds team schedule.

I would love it if we had open level 1-3 too. I think someone on here said they do have something like that in Europe? I guess I could always join the parent team if we have one, but no way can I get level 4+ skills or handle a Worlds team schedule.
their "senior" is pretty much our open. there's no age restriction!

their "senior" is pretty much our open. there's no age restriction!
Senior in the UK is 10+ with at least 1 athlete 15+ and no top age. Open is all 18+ I think but is only mainly used for university teams. There is some talk of bringing in a higher age cap by 1 EP next season, but if they do I think most teams who it will affect will just go elsewhere, we will!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Well, those people can always participate in an open or college team. I don't think, though, that it's the end of the world to move on from a childhood activity once a person has moved on from childhood. Cheerleading is probably much less "their life" than they think it is. Some cheerleaders will move into coaching roles, but for most athletes there's a time to move on. It's the same for all sports. Some, luckily, have translations that can keep you well into the game for most of adulthood (softball, golf), but some sports become hard on an adult body.
My goal is to be on an elite IOC5 team next year ( I started cheering when I was 20 :'( ) AND be a full time engineer (Mechanical Engineering woohoo!). I plan to if not cheer, at least tumble until I'm 30+, maybe even coach if I can swing it. Not everyone has to "move on" ;).

Life Alert All-Stars.

The voiceover possibilities are endless.

My goal is to be on an elite IOC5 team next year ( I started cheering when I was 20 :'( ) AND be a full time engineer (Mechanical Engineering woohoo!). I plan to if not cheer, at least tumble until I'm 30+, maybe even coach if I can swing it. Not everyone has to "move on" ;).

I'm pretty sure I clarified, but it's been a while. I was talking about, I think, the person who cannot move on to adulthood from sports...when it IS time. I know, and love, plenty of adult team cheerleaders. ;)

Senior in the UK is 10+ with at least 1 athlete 15+ and no top age. Open is all 18+ I think but is only mainly used for university teams. There is some talk of bringing in a higher age cap by 1 EP next season, but if they do I think most teams who it will affect will just go elsewhere, we will!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Legacy are encouraging people to cap senior team to age 22 because they want the older athletes in the open category and the age is so diverse they worry about appropriateness with having a 12 year old with a 22+. I think adults are more aware when younger athletes are around. I love legacy competitions but if they make it a proper age cap it is going to hurt them big time and they are hardly into their second season as an EP

Move to Australia :D

We have Open 1 - 5 at all competitions as an age group of ages 14+ (Open 6 is the same as the USA: 17+)

Latest posts

Back