All-Star All-star Injury Statistics....

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

cheercurl

Cheer Parent
Dec 14, 2009
I have heard many reputable people speak about injury statistics in cheerleading. Can someone tell me if these injury statistics being quoted to support these new "rules" are All-Star Cheer statistics or cheerleading across the board. To me there is a HUGE difference.

A high school coach with little experience decides he wants his team to have back tucks and tries to make it happen without regard to safety, proper progression or even ability...that is a recipe for disaster. A catholic school coach see's Shooting Star's new pyramid or Maddie G's new stunt and decides wow that's awesome, how hard can it be? Then tries to teach it...that is a recipe for disaster.
Kids spotting kids...that is a recipe for disaster. I could go on...but you get the point.

Tell me specifically what part of cheer are these statistics coming from...lumping them all into one sport is a huge disservice to All-Stars and all the people that have worked so hard to make this sport what it is today.

I have heard many reputable people speak about injury statistics in cheerleading. Can someone tell me if these injury statistics being quoted to support these new "rules" are All-Star Cheer statistics or cheerleading across the board. To me there is a HUGE difference.

A high school coach with little experience decides he wants his team to have back tucks and tries to make it happen without regard to safety, proper progression or even ability...that is a recipe for disaster. A catholic school coach see's Shooting Star's new pyramid or Maddie G's new stunt and decides wow that's awesome, how hard can it be? Then tries to teach it...that is a recipe for disaster.
Kids spotting kids...that is a recipe for disaster. I could go on...but you get the point.

Tell me specifically what part of cheer are these statistics coming from...lumping them all into one sport is a huge disservice to All-Stars and all the people that have worked so hard to make this sport what it is today.

Great point AND the bigger question is WHY is tumbling the skill under fire?

I'd like to see that and then have them take that one step further, too. Is anyone reviewing the incidents behind these (maybe example videos? How many injuries resulted from poorly executed skills - thrown into the routine to gain points because points are given if they by some chance happen to land them, regardless of crummy technique.

I think all of us suspect that these injuries they are adding up are much less likely to occur when the skill is executed properly.

Start deducting more points for bad technique than you allow a team to add by throwing crummy skills. Such a simple answer.

I think it is a lot easier to learn how to teach a standing tuck or a stretch double down then it is to teach a standing full.

Pull anyone off the street and start teaching. The skills they restricted need the most educated coaches, something we don't have across the country.

Back