All-Star Allstar Or High School?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 3, 2010
I'm a sophmore in high school and was on JV (the head coach has a rule that only juniors and seniors can be on varsity). I tried out just for fun because I didn't want the commitment of allstar but still wanted to get back into cheering. After this year of having a new coach who was an allstar cheerleader I want to get back into it. Problem is, I'll be on varsity next year, which is amazing, but I can't do both allstar and high school because I'm also a serious horseback rider.

I don't want to let anybody down in this because I really want to do allstar again but I feel like I'm letting my high school team down and it would be my year on varsity. What should I do?

Oh, and our high school team is actually really good, especially since we're getting a coach that will put people on the team because they're good.

well i mean, high school and all star are really different. personally, i hate how high school doesn't have spring floors. like that really really bugs me..lol. if you don't want to commit to it, then i'd stick to high school. to me, they're two different things. it's all really about what you want to do, and how much you want to put into it yknowwwww

I think the only person who truly knows what you should do is YOU! My daughter does both All-Stars and High School on a VERY competitive High School squad (4 time State Champs) and while it's tough she loves it. You can only do so much with your time, and I can't see how you won't have conflicts trying to do it all so you have to decide what is most important to you. Our High School schedule for the most part does not interfere with All-Star competitions (some practices). High School only competes Sept thru Nov so it's a short jam packed season. Wish I had an easy answer for you but only you know all the details of each sport you do and the time commitments and so forth. Good Luck with your decision. Also another thing to think about is if you plan on cheering in College. I mean honestly if your not what's the point of putting your body through the punishment of a non spring floor unless you just really want to do it in High School!

I say do high school. If you do all star you're going to be sitting out on all the pep rallies, games, competitions and all the fun high school cheer stuff. School activities are the way to go.

I guess high school because you do horse back riding, and if you're hs team competes, then I guess that's gonna be okay for you. It's better than joining an all star team, then missing practices and comps. :)

I feel you have to ask your self one question. What do I enjoy more cheering for games and assemblies or competing? If you can truly answer you have your answer.

Don't forget to plan for your future - If the college(s) you're looking at place more weight with school cheer rather than all-star, you might need to add that to your pro/con list.

Allstar cheerleading to me is more fun..school cheerleading (depending on the school) isnt as athletic. High schools are now starting to act more competitive. You can do both if you could but if I had to choose between high school and allstar I would choose allstar:)

thanks guys:) I'm thinking I'll do allstar. I love my team, but I start to pick up bad habits from them.

Back