Allstar Or Highschool?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think you should do all star! I also do both and I think all star cheer is more fun than high school cheer and a better experience.

high school cheer also looks better on college applications if cheering in college is something you want to do.

Def depends on how good your high school team is... If they are up to par then I believe school cheerleading is a much closer resemblence to college cheerleading. If it is a good team it will likely prepare you to cheer at the collegiate level. It also depends on what your preferences are... if you don't like cheering at games... I would probably not recommend school cheer...

At the beginning of this cheer season i was on a level 5 team at my gym. I decided to take the season off to try out volleyball and see which one i loved better. Of course, i loved cheer way more and want to do it again next year. What I am torn between is if i should do go back to the Allstar gym or tryout for my high shool. Anyone have good ideas? please help:)
Listen to your heart & you'll find the answers...

1. highschool teams are full of drama, at least my school team is
2. highschool teams arn't always the best and don't exactly always know what they're doing
and 3. allstars is just an overall better experience

I would say it depends on what you are planning to do after. If you are going to an NCA college like Louisville or HPU, stick with allstar since that's how their routines are put together. If you plan on going to a college that competes strictly UCA, it might be helpful to have some knowledge and experience with school cheer. The only problem is that it is really hit or miss with a lot of school teams. You don't want to end up on a bad one and be held back. Just choose which one you want to do and keep your skills up.

ALLSTAR! I have also done both, but I was the only tumbler at my high school... so I ended up throwing fulls while everyone else did a forward roll lol. :) but the difficulty just wasnt there for high school. There also was a ton of drama and talking and laziness from my high school team. Allstar is intense, challenging, and more althletic! There are no poms, megaphones, signs, and minute long cheers. I found high school extremly boring, and I didnt learn any skills from it... I was teaching people level one things...

Allstar was the exact opposite for me- everyone left the drama at home because they were focused on winning the competiton! I barely was out of breath for my high school competitions...(all 2 of them) but am about ready to pass out at the end of my allstar competitions! (16 of them this season!)

ona final note, allstar is way more extreme and fun! The uniforms are crazy, the skills are hyped up- so its basically cheer on sterorids! :)

I would definitely say All Star, I do both and highschool drives me nuts. Especially Thursdays, I have a basketball game every Thursday and I have practice every Thursday, so I never go to the games, and I'm pretty sure my HS coach hates me..

Ha that is the same thing with me! I kinda ditch my school team for practices at allstar, and am pretty sure that my coach hates me for it! My school coach actually emailed my mom ( I am 17...) saying she saw a post of a competition for my allstar gym on facebook, and that I should have been at practice with them then... the school practices i had are more talking and drama than actual WORK! :) i am glad somebody else had the same viewpoint on this as me!
ps- whenever i came from my allstar to high school stuff, i was always really crabby and annoyed because of the laziness and lack of skill for my school team!

Ha that is the same thing with me! I kinda ditch my school team for practices at allstar, and am pretty sure that my coach hates me for it! My school coach actually emailed my mom ( I am 17...) saying she saw a post of a competition for my allstar gym on facebook, and that I should have been at practice with them then... the school practices i had are more talking and drama than actual WORK! :) i am glad somebody else had the same viewpoint on this as me!
ps- whenever i came from my allstar to high school stuff, i was always really crabby and annoyed because of the laziness and lack of skill for my school team!

oh my gosh I'm always so mad to go to highschool after all star!! one time i had to leave for hs practice and i posted something on twitter about being mad about going and someone saw it and i got in trouble for it...... but its also annoying cause my highschool coach knows when i practice and stuff because she coached at my gym last year! but whenever we go to highschool practice its non stop talking!

High School Cheer is a great experience. Much more school commorodity... depending on your program you might not get as much of a family environment and just competition sometimes even with in the gym :/

if i were in your situation, i'd go with all-star. i love my high school squad (were not the best, but not horrible like a lot of you are saying that hs squads are :/ ), but i would love to be on all-star:)

I coach high school cheer and we allow students to do both, I'm sorry you can't :( BUT if you want to cheer in college then definitely do all-star unless you have a high school team and coach who competes etc. I hope it all works out for you hun! Good luck:)

Back