All-Star American Masterpiece San Jose - 1/23/16-1/24/16

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nor*Cal Elite will be there and bringing all of their teams except their O4

Last edited:
Five Star and UCF will be there. Pretty sure UCF is taking all teams and Five Star is taking all teams except SIOC5

What is it connection with Five Star and UCF? I keep seeing a lot of them together, cross posting etc?
Well for me personally, I cheered at UCF for 4 years (after changing from a gym that I really was not happy at) and I'd still be at UCF if I didn't move 3 hours for college. But Five Star & UCF along with Nor Cal Elite, are all friendly. The gym owners are all very close friends are the coaches all have NUF Said Shirts (N:Nor Cal, U: UCF, F: Five Star). It comes in very handy at competitions, we cheer on each others teams and so on. In Vegas a few weekends ago at American Grand Nor Cal received a team room because they brought their entire gym, Five Star brought 2 teams & UCF brought 1, so Nor Cal gratefully shared their team room with UCF & Five Star, as well as cheered on our teams during performances. They've also started a STUNT like competition that the 3 gyms competed in called Summer Showdown, but I can't give you too much info on that one because I was already "graduated" from UCF when it was announced, yet I was not yet on Five Stars international team. Maybe @ryanaarontroy can help more on that one though, or anything I missed.

Wow, I had no idea about the connection. We tend to run in the same competition circles as these gyms, so this makes the pieces of the puzzle come together a bit!

Schedule is up here The American Masterpiece

or you can get to it via the Cheer Plus mobile app....click competitions, 23rd, scroll to American Championship's Masterpiece.
(lists any performance videos they have from earlier in the season)
*app works on iPhone, iPad, or iPod

My CP's team is going against several teams nearly twice their size...this should be interesting...

My CP's team is going against several teams nearly twice their size...this should be interesting...

The POWER teams all seemed to dominate this competition! They had some great. great teams (and took home some well deserved bids). I don't remember seeing POWER at any competitions last year, I don't think they were in San Jose?

The POWER teams all seemed to dominate this competition! They had some great. great teams (and took home some well deserved bids). I don't remember seeing POWER at any competitions last year, I don't think they were in San Jose?
They didn't do many varsity competitions last year.

When my CP started cheer ( this is her 8th season) POWER was everywhere and won everything and had big teams. They had huge crowds cheering for them with those bangers they use...then they just kind of disappeared for a while and it seems like they are making a comeback. Their teams are really small but they are sharp and looked great this week-end. So, does anyone know what happened, why they disappeared for a while? I heard they had a lot of defections when Cali opened in Livermore? And a lot of people seemed to kind of not like them? Just wondering what happened?

When my CP started cheer ( this is her 8th season) POWER was everywhere and won everything and had big teams. They had huge crowds cheering for them with those bangers they use...then they just kind of disappeared for a while and it seems like they are making a comeback. Their teams are really small but they are sharp and looked great this week-end. So, does anyone know what happened, why they disappeared for a while? I heard they had a lot of defections when Cali opened in Livermore? And a lot of people seemed to kind of not like them? Just wondering what happened?

Yes, I remember this too! We are (clap clap) POWER (clap clap clap), and then they sort of disappeared. They are back with a vengeance! I saw Lady Prada on day 1 and they definitely deserved that paid bid. Some of their teams were very small but they were all sharp.

Omg, the thunder sticks! And the guy who leads the crowd in the chant. I can never forget Power! I saw them for the first time when we were at Super Six in Visalia last year and then again at the Champions League.
They have good, clean teams!

There are several athletes on Black Ops that used to be POWER, but Lvermore is a good distance away from Sacramento ( maybe 2 hrs?) Our gym did a majority GSSA/Aloha comps last year and the year before, and we came against POWER teams almost every time, so they were still around. I looked up their schedule last year( we didn't have a chance against them, lol) and there were not many Varsity events on there, not sure why. They had a team win summit on a wildcard last year that was very small, so the team sizes this year seem intentional to me. Their summit bids this year all came from central cal teams... And they are advertising a J5 in Clovis for next year, so it seems like there has been growth in that area.

Back