All-Star Ankle Problems

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Feb 21, 2012
So recently when Ive been tumbling I land on my feet, but its like my whole body is coming down on my ankles really hard and they're KILLING me! Any tips on how I can stop that? Also are there any exercises that will make my ankles stronger?

I've always been told writing the alphabet with just your feet instead of your whole legs is an awesome exercise for them, both strengthening and stretching your ankles. (Do both upper and lower case letters!)

I've always been told writing the alphabet with just your feet instead of your whole legs is an awesome exercise for them, both strengthening and stretching your ankles. (Do both upper and lower case letters!)
WOW ok that sounds strange but ill give it a try! Thanks!

I did that in physical therapy when I hurt my ankle last year.

So recently when Ive been tumbling I land on my feet, but its like my whole body is coming down on my ankles really hard and they're KILLING me! Any tips on how I can stop that? Also are there any exercises that will make my ankles stronger?
Is it like the front of the ankle, like kind of where your ankle meets your foot-ish area?

Back