OT Any New Yorkers Here?!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Mar 31, 2014
In September I am flying to the states with a friend, I'm so excited! I've been to other states before but never New York, does anyone have any 'must see/do's'? Or advice? We will be doing the obvious tourist things like Empire State, Statue of Liberty etc! We are both 20, so while we have been going out and drinking for 2 years here we won't be getting into any clubs out there! Thanks :D

World Trade Center memorial. Big apple and other hotspots that you listed. The Brooklyn bridge. Spanish Harlem. That's all I can think of for now.

Definetley check out Little Italy and China Town... i think the Sanginero Feast goes on in September and its definetley a must eat!!!!
Of course time square and you can take NJ transit close enough to take a cab to World Cup.
I live 60 miles north... Pm me if you have any questions!

Do mean the state of New York or just the New York City area which is just a small part?

@kristinthegreat

Sorry should have been clearer! We are staying in Manhattan, so mainly the city part and it's also on a student budget! Thanks!!

Take a ride on the Circle Line ferry around Manhattan
Frozen hot chocolate at Serendipity
The Bronx Zoo
Metropolitan Museum of Art
Visit the High Line
Central Park - Central Park in New York: Ten things you must do
Chinatown (I recommend Wo Hop on Mott Street)
Yankee Stadium (get cheap seats)
Times Square
Tram to Roosevelt Island (not much to see there but tram is fun experience) or ferry to Governor's Island (rent bikes there)
Window shopping at Tiffany's
The Cloisters in Washington Heights (it is an actual medieval castle that has incredible unicorn tapestries)
Ellis Island

Just a few suggestions! ;)

St Patricks church, by Rockefeller center, go to today show there also.
Email all the talk shows and Good Morning America to try to get tickets.
Ticket tickets in Times Square for 1/2 price broadway shows.
Look at prices for all touristy places and plan accordingly. You can buy ferry boat tickets on line for Statue and Ellis Island. Maybe rent an apartment over hotels-cheaper and u can cook your meals and save a ton of $. If u want any info on distance of other cities besides manhattan to stay or any other info pm me.

If you plan on going to the World Trade Center memorial I believe you have to purchase tickets or make reservations online ahead of time.

Take a ride on the Circle Line ferry around Manhattan
Frozen hot chocolate at Serendipity
The Bronx Zoo
Metropolitan Museum of Art
Visit the High Line
Central Park - Central Park in New York: Ten things you must do
Chinatown (I recommend Wo Hop on Mott Street)
Yankee Stadium (get cheap seats)
Times Square
Tram to Roosevelt Island (not much to see there but tram is fun experience) or ferry to Governor's Island (rent bikes there)
Window shopping at Tiffany's
The Cloisters in Washington Heights (it is an actual medieval castle that has incredible unicorn tapestries)
Ellis Island

Just a few suggestions! ;)
Wow, I am from NJ and don't consider myself a tourist and these places sound nice!!! Thanks CheerBank, I think today I am going to go on the Circle Line ferry and eat some ice cream, I have not done this since I was around 10 and I am taking my daughter for the 1st time... brb

If you plan on going to the World Trade Center memorial I believe you have to purchase tickets or make reservations online ahead of time.

This is true for the indoor guided tour thing (I don't know what to call it) but seeing the memorial is free and you don't need tickets. It's outside, there's two beautiful fountains in place of where the twin towers stood. It's really something, totally recommend seeing it. There are names of every person who lost their life carved into the two fountains. I don't think you ever realize how many people never came home that day until you see all those names in person. And the freedom towers is huge!

Back