All-Star Athletic Championship - Chattanooga

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

^^^^ I wasn't referring to that at all (with the exception of one comment made by a non Cheer Savannah person), but I understand your assumption. Cheer Savannah just wanted the recognition they earned - no problem with that, I'm just sorry the team didn't get their "moment" at awards. But mistakes do happen.
But as I was going through standings I was seeing a theme of comments (all directed at one particular gym) that were highly unsportsmanslike. Again, it wasn't a huge number and it appeared most of them were made by non-adults , but it still is a poor reflection on those gyms. I understand the frustration when we see the same gym consistently listed as the winner, but they are there for a reason. And while some of the comments were just of the poor sport type, a few really were over the line. It was just kind of depressing.

Some of those kids typed like they were really young. I hope you arent basing your reflection of that gym on those little kids.

^^^^^oh goodness no, though I would presume that all gyms would tell their kids that part of expected conduct in this age of facebook, twitter, etc is that it is not appropriate to be bashing other gyms on public forums no matter how unfair you may perceive something to be. It comes across as poor sportsmanship if you have zip to back it up, and probably even then. Regrettably, the posts I'm talking about were older teens and in at least one case an adult.

^^^^^oh goodness no, though I would presume that all gyms would tell their kids that part of expected conduct in this age of facebook, twitter, etc is that it is not appropriate to be bashing other gyms on public forums no matter how unfair you may perceive something to be. It comes across as poor sportsmanship if you have zip to back it up, and probably even then. Regrettably, the posts I'm talking about were older teens and in at least one case an adult.
There is one obvious post and the coach apologized for it. Some other posts definitely had some hateful meanings but were not as obvious. One poster said something regarding to my old gyms placement with another gym and I could not be more embarrassed until I found out she was not from my gym and not even in the same state as my gym which is just sad. I hope she knows that she is making that gym look bad.

Back