Basing

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jun 4, 2014
The 2014-2015 school year will be my first year cheering. I'm most definitely going to be a base so what should I know before the first practice and even before UCA Cheer camp?

Use your legs.

Once you know you've lost a stunt be sure to let go of the top's feet and recatch above the waist.

Keep you tongue in your mouth.

Realize at some point you're going to get hit really really hard, probably in the face.

Is that really you in your avatar? Pretty high level bow/pouf combo for your first year.

Nope. No rule. I just thought it was interesting if it was. But that is me in my avatar, in case you wondered.

I've always wondered, why are you standing on top of a weird-looking blow dryer? ;)

The hardest things for me to learn were watch your other base when dipping, etc, and use your legs. And don't back out. And pretend you're the only one catching the flyer.
Also, people who have stunted before are going to correct you more than once, but they're doing it to help you. They might even ask you questions, like your opinion on what's going on. Don't get frustrated or take it personally. This goes for anything you're learning how to do; including use the Fierce Board. Good luck! :)

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

The hardest things for me to learn were watch your other base when dipping, etc, and use your legs. And don't back out. And pretend you're the only one catching the flyer.
Also, people who have stunted before are going to correct you more than once, but they're doing it to help you. They might even ask you questions, like your opinion on what's going on. Don't get frustrated or take it personally. This goes for anything you're learning how to do; including use the Fierce Board. Good luck! :)

You said it much better (and more nicely) than I could have!

No its not there isn't a rule that says it has to be you, and happy ? I changed it.
Welcome to the boards. Might I suggest reading through some threads and getting acclimated. After you've done so you'll probably realize how off base you were with a response such as this. Especially directed to ACEDAD.

Welcome to the boards. Might I suggest reading through some threads and getting acclimated. After you've done so you'll probably realize how off base you were with a response such as this. Especially directed to ACEDAD.

Oh sure, give ACEDAD an even bigger ego by making him feel important.

ETA: with as much clout as ACEDAD carries around here his wife (very seldom posts) carries even more.
Less is more?????

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android I promise I'm not really a hat

Back