All-Star Battle At The Beach - 2018

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

i think the gym that you are talking about is my gym that i coach at. we have 2 of our teams that are competing in international and the regular divisions.
They let the parents know that they were going to try to get a bid in the new international division. We always feel like we are a day late and a dollar short with all these new divisions and rules that we thought why not try out this new international division. We get to compete not only against teams in the us but teams from other countries. so we thought it would be a good experiene
our small coed 4 team got a bid in the international divsion at the first competition they tried to get one at. then every competition after that they went in the regular small coed 4 division. the next competiton they got an at large bid to the regular summit and then the next competiton they got a paid bid to the summit. they will be competing international and at the regular summit. All the parents wanted them to compete both so why not go for it.
our small junior 4 did compete 2 divisions at 1 competiton. they wanted to try to get a bid in the international division. there were no teams in their division in international so they also wanted competition so they competed regular small junior 4 also.
they got a bid in international junior 4. All of their parents wanted them to compete at both summits so they are trying one more time to get a bid at the regular summit this weekend.

Personally i think that it shouldnt be allowed. Varsity should limit the teams to competing one division. But the rules say that you can do it so our gyym wanted to try it out and see how it goes.
they will be competing the exact same routine with the exact same kids at both summits. Kind of makes it worth while to have the chance to perform your routine 4 times but they still have a guarantee of at least getting to do their routine 2 times.

I have a feeling the competition will not be at the same level among the international teams so it should be interesting to see how that plays out at summit. The gym certainly is within the rules here but it leaves me questioning whether a US team will win most of the provisional international divisions. I thought the intent was to encourage more international teams to be able to attend. It will make more money for Varsity but I would like to see it where a team cannot compete in both divisions with the same athletes and routine.

Back