All-Star Battle At The Beach - 2018

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I thought Hollywood got a bid last weekend as small jr4?
Wow you are right, according to the updated bid list they did...our small J4 is competing this weekend but I don' see Hollywood on there just in the J5R...either way good luck to all!!

They did last weekend at spirit fest.

i was told they were going junior rest. 5 in myrtle beach. not sure if they are trying to get a summit bid in that division
TBH in my opinion so many teams are trying to win a chance to compete twice at Summit with the same team once they get 1 bid, they try for another in different division. I am glad we don' do that ..our coach would never allow our J5r to compete as a J4, or J3 to compete as a J2..our teams are what they are and compete what they are all season ..to each their own I guess but I just dont see the point lol kind of like twice our J4 team competed against another j4 team who also at the same comps they competed same routine n roster as an international.. and yes I know these things are legal, but seems to me its just a way for Varsity to make more $$$ & loop hole for teams to double dip.. I believe 1 team 1 division & happy that' what our gym does. Either way safe travels to everyone and best of luck!!!

Playing devils advocate. Some gyms may want to challenge their athletes and/or reward them for gaining skills during the season. I don’t see any problem leveling up for a late season competition.

Playing devils advocate. Some gyms may want to challenge their athletes and/or reward them for gaining skills during the season. I don’t see any problem leveling up for a late season competition.
Idn ...I see it as you compete all season long, get the bid and now you change DIVISIONS ???...seems these teams just want to try and get another bid and try & compete twice at Summit.. Most teams are trying to upgrade their bid at this point in the season, if its to challenge them then I would work on what needed to be done to get the paid bid . Just my thoughts.

Idn ...I see it as you compete all season long, get the bid and now you change DIVISIONS ???...seems these teams just want to try and get another bid and try & compete twice at Summit.. Most teams are trying to upgrade their bid at this point in the season, if its to challenge them then I would work on what needed to be done to get the paid bid . Just my thoughts.
At least they aren't going down a level, because that's been done quite a bit in the past. I don't seen an issue with a team going up a level at the end of the season and I wouldn't think it's to try and get another bid.

Or going for 2 bids 1 as a regular Summit and then in the International Provisional Division.... we have seen that at several comps. One comp we went too a team competed twice same routine same kids... same level and age but throw in the International Provisional .

At least they aren't going down a level, because that's been done quite a bit in the past. I don't seen an issue with a team going up a level at the end of the season and I wouldn't think it's to try and get
At least they aren't going down a level, because that's been done quite a bit in the past. I don't seen an issue with a team going up a level at the end of the season and I wouldn't think it's to try and get another bid.
Just because something is allowed doesn't make it right.. I honestly just think some organizations are taking advantage of the loop hole...we all want to win but what are we teaching the kids, certainly not integrity and again lets be honest Summit is around the corner pretty sure most teams with bids are focused on that and challenging them by tweaking adding etc...n getting paid. We can agree to disagree. Good luck this weekend!

Or going for 2 bids 1 as a regular Summit and then in the International Provisional Division.... we have seen that at several comps. One comp we went too a team competed twice same routine same kids... same level and age but throw in the International Provisional .
Yep thats what I was referring to in my earlier post..its really sad that gyms are doing that.. and shame on Varsity for allowing it. Honestly it's a joke I feel like the lenght sone will go to get a bid is just crazy... two comps we had same exact scenario you just described lol
Good luck this weekend!!

Yep thats what I was referring to in my earlier post..its really sad that gyms are doing that.. and shame on Varsity for allowing it. Honestly it's a joke I feel like the lenght sone will go to get a bid is just crazy... two comps we had same exact scenario you just described lol
Good luck this weekend!!

i think the gym that you are talking about is my gym that i coach at. we have 2 of our teams that are competing in international and the regular divisions.
They let the parents know that they were going to try to get a bid in the new international division. We always feel like we are a day late and a dollar short with all these new divisions and rules that we thought why not try out this new international division. We get to compete not only against teams in the us but teams from other countries. so we thought it would be a good experiene
our small coed 4 team got a bid in the international divsion at the first competition they tried to get one at. then every competition after that they went in the regular small coed 4 division. the next competiton they got an at large bid to the regular summit and then the next competiton they got a paid bid to the summit. they will be competing international and at the regular summit. All the parents wanted them to compete both so why not go for it.
our small junior 4 did compete 2 divisions at 1 competiton. they wanted to try to get a bid in the international division. there were no teams in their division in international so they also wanted competition so they competed regular small junior 4 also.
they got a bid in international junior 4. All of their parents wanted them to compete at both summits so they are trying one more time to get a bid at the regular summit this weekend.

Personally i think that it shouldnt be allowed. Varsity should limit the teams to competing one division. But the rules say that you can do it so our gyym wanted to try it out and see how it goes.
they will be competing the exact same routine with the exact same kids at both summits. Kind of makes it worth while to have the chance to perform your routine 4 times but they still have a guarantee of at least getting to do their routine 2 times.

i think the gym that you are talking about is my gym that i coach at. we have 2 of our teams that are competing in international and the regular divisions.
They let the parents know that they were going to try to get a bid in the new international division. We always feel like we are a day late and a dollar short with all these new divisions and rules that we thought why not try out this new international division. We get to compete not only against teams in the us but teams from other countries. so we thought it would be a good experiene
our small coed 4 team got a bid in the international divsion at the first competition they tried to get one at. then every competition after that they went in the regular small coed 4 division. the next competiton they got an at large bid to the regular summit and then the next competiton they got a paid bid to the summit. they will be competing international and at the regular summit. All the parents wanted them to compete both so why not go for it.
our small junior 4 did compete 2 divisions at 1 competiton. they wanted to try to get a bid in the international division. there were no teams in their division in international so they also wanted competition so they competed regular small junior 4 also.
they got a bid in international junior 4. All of their parents wanted them to compete at both summits so they are trying one more time to get a bid at the regular summit this weekend.

Personally i think that it shouldnt be allowed. Varsity should limit the teams to competing one division. But the rules say that you can do it so our gyym wanted to try it out and see how it goes.
they will be competing the exact same routine with the exact same kids at both summits. Kind of makes it worth while to have the chance to perform your routine 4 times but they still have a guarantee of at least getting to do their routine 2 times.
Totally respect your opinion and yes I agree Varsity should not allow it..but we all know its about the money for them $$$ lol I think my biggest issue with it is.. it really takes away from teams that are fighting to get a bid and are competing against teams that are already going to the Summit in a different division. Either way I wish your gym the best of luck this weekend, Im happy to be out of the snow lol & looking forward to some QT with my daughter & friends and the showdown Friday night :) I love watching the worlds teams they really blow my mind :)

Good luck this weekend!!
There is a lot of rules that need to be set for Summit. Issue above and also team/World max crossover all year, so multiple team tryouts aren't held in March!

Back