All-Star Battle At The Beach

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

If you haven't done this one yet, be prepared to fight claustrophobia in that awards and the hallway exiting. It's INSANE, the competition is way too big for the arena and there were so many bodies crammed in there at one point the fire alarm got set off (I think that was two years ago, but it may have been last year). They seriously need to move it to a venue that can handle the number of teams they have. Dance warm ups are in a tent in the parking lot.

I went to CANAM last year, and was not a fan of that. On Saturday we are actually pawning off our 4 year old on a teammates family after CP goes on with her mini 2 because we have to wait for her J2 to go on, because quite frankly I don't want her in the arena if I can avoid it. But for Sunday I wasn't anticipating her J2 awards to be at 7:30, which means we will probably get home around.... 11:30 or 12:00. Not fun.

If you haven't done this one yet, be prepared to fight claustrophobia in that awards and the hallway exiting. It's INSANE, the competition is way too big for the arena and there were so many bodies crammed in there at one point the fire alarm got set off (I think that was two years ago, but it may have been last year). They seriously need to move it to a venue that can handle the number of teams they have. Dance warm ups are in a tent in the parking lot.
2 years ago the fire alarm went off.

2 years ago the fire alarm went off.
Oddly enough it went off about 3 minutes after I said, something to the effect of, good lord I hope the fire Marshall doesn't see this, this cannot possibly be legal. I think I was psychic that day or something. Then again it might just be us, we went to WCF the following year and someone called in a bomb threat and the building was cleared right in the middle of competition. Fun times.

I went to CANAM last year, and was not a fan of that. On Saturday we are actually pawning off our 4 year old on a teammates family after CP goes on with her mini 2 because we have to wait for her J2 to go on, because quite frankly I don't want her in the arena if I can avoid it. But for Sunday I wasn't anticipating her J2 awards to be at 7:30, which means we will probably get home around.... 11:30 or 12:00. Not fun.
That's exactly what happened with us last year. Youth 3 awards were later too. We got home about the same time (about a 4 hour drive).

Oddly enough it went off about 3 minutes after I said, something to the effect of, good lord I hope the fire Marshall doesn't see this, this cannot possibly be legal. I think I was psychic that day or something. Then again it might just be us, we went to WCF the following year and someone called in a bomb threat and the building was cleared right in the middle of competition. Fun times.
YIKES!

That's funny. I said the same thing last year at CANAM. I would *not* want to be in there in the event of an emergency.

uhm anyone know why the schedule has been taken down? i assume theyre changing it but it wont load for me and ive used 3 different laptops.

uhm anyone know why the schedule has been taken down? i assume theyre changing it but it wont load for me and ive used 3 different laptops.
It's not working for me either. I can get friday's to load but the rest are just going to a white page. I agree, they are probably just changing it.

Any info on standings yet? Or is anyone tweeting from there?
Seriously! This is the first time ever I have followed a thread for a competition and not one word about what is currently happening is posted, wth?! I'm gonna look elsewhere!

Back