All-Star Battle At The Boardwalk Summit Bids

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Feb 21, 2016
with the Epic merger, BATB is giving 3 at large D1 and D2 summit bids... how does that work when the non worlds teams only compete one day? Doesn’t really seem fair when all other 1 day events get wild card bids

with the Epic merger, BATB is giving 3 at large D1 and D2 summit bids... how does that work when the non worlds teams only compete one day? Doesn’t really seem fair when all other 1 day events get wild card bids
Maybe because it's still a two day comp even though non Worlds teams only compete one day? I really have no idea, just a guess

My guess is because it's considered a National.

Non-worlds teams compete only one day ... not sure I understand what you’re referring to. Summit is a three day comp differentiated by bid type. Paid bids compete only Sunday. At large bids Sat and Sunday (top teams progress). Wildcard compete Friday and Sunday (only a few of the best progress). So I guess you mean Sunday only for paid at Summit and that’s been consistent for years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Non-worlds teams compete only one day ... not sure I understand what you’re referring to. Summit is a three day comp differentiated by bid type. Paid bids compete only Sunday. At large bids Sat and Sunday (top teams progress). Wildcard compete Friday and Sunday (only a few of the best progress). So I guess you mean Sunday only for paid at Summit and that’s been consistent for years

Paid bids compete Saturday and have to advance to Sunday at Summit as it's always been. I think they were saying that although non-Worlds teams only go one day at Battle at the Boardwalk, it is still a 2-day comp technically. Not sure if that's the reason they are giving out at-larges instead of wildcards or what.

All comps where summit eligible teams compete for only one day are only awarded wild card bids to Summit . This comp is technically a two day comp but summit teams only compete one day instead of two days in a row for each team yet still are awarded with at large bids to summit instead of wild card bids. This is what I assume the op is referring to ....

Paid bids compete Saturday and have to advance to Sunday at Summit as it's always been. I think they were saying that although non-Worlds teams only go one day at Battle at the Boardwalk, it is still a 2-day comp technically. Not sure if that's the reason they are giving out at-larges instead of wildcards or what.

Exactly. Summit At large and paid bids are awarded at 2 day comps, wild cards at 1 day comps. BATB is a 2 day comp but non Worlds teams only compete once. It doesn’t seem fair to award at large bids

Paid doesn’t get you to finals, and wildcard teams can advance to semi or final, depending on placement. That wasn’t my question.

Paid bids do have to compete on Saturday. Only top % move on to Sunday. Wild Cards have to compete Friday and only top 2 teams advance to finals on Sunday, 3rd place wildcard goes to Saturday. Bottom 2 (out of 3) wild cards, at-large and paid compete saturday and top % goes on to finals. The only difference between an at-large and a paid bid is $. They're treated the same as per semi-finals. Wild card is the only bid that has to compete for a chance to compete.

It was extremely confusing at first. My cp was on 2 teams last year (senior 2 and 3) Senior 2 got a paid bid and Senior 3 got a wild card.

I have to agree, I believe it's because the world's teams compete both days (to be eligible for a paid world's bid) therefor it's considered a 2-day comp making them eligible for an at-large bid to summit.

Seems kind of awesome to me...you get the lower price of a one day comp, plus the chance of winning a better bid (I don’t like WC as much bc you have to miss an extra day of school.)

Back