All-Star Best And Worst Of All Star Cheer

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

She calls her coach "dad" and has known him since she was 7! So it was all good! She's now 19 and went back after a year off for school. He's on IO5 with her [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's so awesome! And really funny that they get to cheer together now too! I've seen coaches in various sports make a big impact on athletes like that, and have and will continue to add that in my series. Even for kids who had great parents, there is something magical about a coach that really comes alongside of them and helps them be their best and motivates them to keep going and get better and everything! Warms my heart!

That's so awesome! And really funny that they get to cheer together now too! I've seen coaches in various sports make a big impact on athletes like that, and have and will continue to add that in my series. Even for kids who had great parents, there is something magical about a coach that really comes alongside of them and helps them be their best and motivates them to keep going and get better and everything! Warms my heart!

They have cheered on that team many years together, very fun! Him and his wife and kids will always be in her life. She is "sister" to his daughter! It's awesome!

They have cheered on that team many years together, very fun! Him and his wife and kids will always be in her life. She is "sister" to his daughter! It's awesome!

Love it! I've had a few coaches that were important like that for a few years, but never one from start to finish thanks to the sports I played and the way my towns teams were made up. Kind of makes me wish I could go back and do some of it over again! haha

I too will add that a coaches influence can be so important. I consider my daughters weekly privates with her coach the best money I spend for her physical and mental health. During a particularly tough time with high school cheer...my daughter spent at least one private just sitting on the mat with her coach crying and talking. Her coach is first and foremost, her coach. But she has also become her mentor, and a trusted adult during the teen years that can give another perspective. Our coach is one of the most important people in my daughters life and I see the impact she had made on all of the kids at our gym. Last year she even won Coach of the Year at the Kansas City US Finals. One of the best moments of our season :).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I too will add that a coaches influence can be so important. I consider my daughters weekly privates with her coach the best money I spend for her physical and mental health. During a particularly tough time with high school cheer...my daughter spent at least one private just sitting on the mat with her coach crying and talking. Her coach is first and foremost, her coach. But she has also become her mentor, and a trusted adult during the teen years that can give another perspective. Our coach is one of the most important people in my daughters life and I see the impact she had made on all of the kids at our gym. Last year she even won Coach of the Year at the Kansas City US Finals. One of the best moments of our season :).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Thanks so much for sharing! It's so amazing to hear about a coach being more than just someone telling an athlete to do this or that. But rather, investing in someone and caring about them on a deeper level than just doing good at a sport. I hope that is an element I can express in my books as well!

My daughter's coach is amazing as well she is there for them on and off the mat and it doesn't even have to be for a hard time. One time I can think of this last year, my daughter started getting into Harry Potter and her coach is a huge fan as well. I had all the movies except one of them and her coach invited her over to her house for dinner and to watch the one movie I was missing. It's the little things like this that the my daughter knows she can call her up anytime to talk to her. When she broke her arm, she was drugged up on morphine and she kept telling me that she wanted to talk to her coach so she called her. Her coach is also a teacher at the school and the next morning when I took her to school I ended up not having to explain anything, her coach had already told the front office and had called my daughter's teacher the night before to let her know and let her know what she could and couldn't do that we had told her coach the night before. My daughter hadn't wanted to have to explain what happened to everyone over and over again so her coach told her if anyone asks you just tell them to come to my classroom and I will talk to them.

My daughter's coach is amazing as well she is there for them on and off the mat and it doesn't even have to be for a hard time. One time I can think of this last year, my daughter started getting into Harry Potter and her coach is a huge fan as well. I had all the movies except one of them and her coach invited her over to her house for dinner and to watch the one movie I was missing. It's the little things like this that the my daughter knows she can call her up anytime to talk to her. When she broke her arm, she was drugged up on morphine and she kept telling me that she wanted to talk to her coach so she called her. Her coach is also a teacher at the school and the next morning when I took her to school I ended up not having to explain anything, her coach had already told the front office and had called my daughter's teacher the night before to let her know and let her know what she could and couldn't do that we had told her coach the night before. My daughter hadn't wanted to have to explain what happened to everyone over and over again so her coach told her if anyone asks you just tell them to come to my classroom and I will talk to them.

Literally everything about what you just said makes me want to give that coach a hug! Talk about going the extra mile!!! <3

Some coaches are forever remembered and touch the kids lives in ways we will never know. Some good, some bad.

**space for rent**

Thought I responded a while ago...but sadly did not.

Anyways, I really like how you said that! Both good and bad, even small moments can make a big difference for sure!

Yeah, I'm planning to address some very serious bullying on one of my books. Other little drama and stuff like that had and will happen as well. But, I want to make the bullying a very central theme in one of the books, hopefully in a way that will help others learn to stand up to it and also people feeling that kind of attitude from people feel the power to get help as needed.
Another thing that happens is when a parent is way too involved in their child's cheer life. The parents that put so much pressure on the kids and are at every practice with their nose to the window. The parents that make snide comments about the other kids.

LOL... Yes High FIVE on that!

LOL... Yes High FIVE on that!

I'm in the middle of writing book 3 right now, and have worked in some of this already, and it can be hard to write! I don't want people to me mean...but it's a reality for teen unfortunately. The parent stuff that I'm working in will come later, and I'm actually excited for how I plan to flesh out that scene! haha

Just search for all posts under my name and you will get some great worst of cheer info.

So I decided to share some of my negative expriences as a cheerleader, my dad is a consultant and we end up having to move around a lot. It was my second year of doing cheer and I was sort of just settling into the sport thinking that I finaly found true friends in that area. My team was an encredibly close team, we did pretty much everything together. When my dad said we had to move, the first thing that came to mind was cheer, I made encridble friends and I thought I finaly belonged somewhere. Leaving my team was probably one of the hardest things I had to do. I hoped that I would have the same connection with my new team in the new gym, but sadly I didn't. The team I joined was honestly a great team, we even placed 4th at the european championships, but we practicaly hated eachother. All I can remember is that in training everybody was being bitchy to eachother and a lot of the girls thought they were better than everybody else. I remember having to learn a new position in 2 weeks and having to relearn everything, and my flyer ended up screaming at me and telling me that I sucked and couldn't do anything. That night I cried when I got home from practice. My coaches were the nicest people ever and I was able to talk to them about it, but they still didn't kick the girl of the team like I hoped for. After the season I was placed on the same team again, this time with a few new girls including my little sister, but that year was even worst, at least the year before we would win. This time we just completly fell apart, two of the traininers stoped training the team and we only had 1 real trainer and two girls from the senior 6 team who wanted to try out training us. This year I am on a completly diffrent team with completly other girls and mybe 4 or 5 from the old team and all I can say, is that I notice the huge diffrence in the work ethic and I feel like I am part of a team again.

She doesn't have access to the Parent Area, just an fyi.

Thanks, and nope. My only "child" is a 4 year old cat that thinks he's king of the world. So, no access to that area! But I appreciate everyone who had posted here or messaged me about things! :)

Back