Bid distributing

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Ok, that makes more sense to your reasons. Here is my counterpoint. I assume it was not a Junior international team because besides going to worlds there is no advantage to having a junior international team over a normal junior team.

So for this international team how many persons were not of age to compete and make this team just a normal club team?

I don't see this as a judging issue. If your team is in a level 5 division you are going to be held to the level 5 standard.

It was very discouraging to me to realize that a lot of judges have no idea at all that international open is ages 14 and up and only one level option in that division.

Kingston, we had I think 20/21 on last year's team. There were 8 under 17; 12/13 over 18. Neither conducive to a successfully competing team.
Andre: It really is a judging issue when a judge writes "your team would do great in a lower level" when the reason we were in the international open division is because it was the ONLY level option open to us. I knew we were being held to the level 5 standards because that was what division I put them in . The judges obviously just see level 5, not International Open . And really? Is there any coach out there that if they could put more of the level specific skills in the routine would not do that??? (oh yeah, I am holding back my fulls today; you all have seen them too much). Seriously now. And I am not trying to be rude. I understand your point. I obviously have seen too many score sheets with that type of comment on them.

I haven't taken anything you said as being rude.

Some event producers have asked that we point out why a team is not scoring in the highest range leading to some of the comments. Some are poorly worded and others are just flat out rude. I'm not going to try to defend a rude comment coming from a judge, but I think it's a separate issue from the comment about the judges understanding of the International divisions. When I judge I don't worry about what division they are in unless I'm judging tumbling in Senior Open 5. I just look at the level and judge based on what a routine at that level should have in it.

Andre: It really is a judging issue when a judge writes "your team would do great in a lower level" when the reason we were in the international open division is because it was the ONLY level option open to us. I knew we were being held to the level 5 standards because that was what division I put them in . The judges obviously just see level 5, not International Open . And really? Is there any coach out there that if they could put more of the level specific skills in the routine would not do that??? (oh yeah, I am holding back my fulls today; you all have seen them too much). Seriously now. And I am not trying to be rude. I understand your point. I obviously have seen too many score sheets with that type of comment on them.

Back