• Blue Floor

Votes: 27 75.0%
  • Black Floor

Votes: 9 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dec 8, 2012
Which one do you prefer? And why?

For me, it's blue because it gives me more athletic vibes than the black one.

In my opinion, black floor is alright if it is used only at cheer showcase. However, for cheer comps, blue floor would be the best choice.

Blue all the way. It is the standard, and it is what we base uniform color choices on. The black, especially combined with the mostly-black background was a little dark and the darker uniforms got lost.

To me, it is like watching football games played at Boise State. In theory, their blue field should be fine since it is turf and can be any color they want. In practice, however it just always looks "wrong" and makes it harder to watch. That was about the only negative for me about the NCA arena this year.

Blue all the way. It is the standard, and it is what we base uniform color choices on. The black, especially combined with the mostly-black background was a little dark and the darker uniforms got lost.

To me, it is like watching football games played at Boise State. In theory, their blue field should be fine since it is turf and can be any color they want. In practice, however it just always looks "wrong" and makes it harder to watch. That was about the only negative for me about the NCA arena this year.
Yes... this

So long as black velcro tape is not used on the floor panels to keep them together then black floors don't tend to bother me. When the black tape is added is when the issues start to arise with spacing as it all begins to blend in. Blue floors do make life a heck of a lot easier though.

Blue floors, like others have said it helps better with spacing and for uniforms. CP’s team has a mostly black uniform with a little white and pink on it. They would blend in to much on a black floor (especially a black floor black backdrop like NCA had)

when I was watching NCA on varsity tv I felt the teams with black uniforms where kinda lost against the black floor and curtain, a few times during coed stunt the flyers looked like they were levitating because you couldn't see the arms on the guys holding them up-lol

Coming from New Zealand I find this really interesting- I only recall ever competing on a blue floor in NZ once (the rest all being black) and it definitely felt weird (the black floors have a lot more familiarity) , I've never known anything other than a black floor so it's really interesting to hear all of your reasoning towards blue floors as I've never really thought about them washing out uniforms and all that.

We used to have blue and black floors at my gym and the blue floor was always the old, less bouncy floor while the black floor was newer and cleaner looking so maybe I just have a bias towards black floors.

I think there should be a standard for major competitions, so that you can plan your uniforms, practice, etc. based that. If you choose to go otherwise in your home gym, fine. If NCA is black, but UCA and Cheersport Blue, that needs to be known up front.

I never cheered, but did marching band, and it’s standard to state “the field for this competition is natural grass, with 10 yd markings and 10 yr hash marks” or whatever, so the band at least had a chance to try to practice as close to conditions as possible.

Back