High School Bodyliners

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

? Because it’s a cleaner look than just a shell? Because they are bodyliners, meant to have something over them? Because we aren’t all Star? (And after looking through that uniform thread on the all star board, I’m extremely thankful for that.)

What’s your real question?

? Because it’s a cleaner look than just a shell? Because they are bodyliners, meant to have something over them? Because we aren’t all Star? (And after looking through that uniform thread on the all star board, I’m extremely thankful for that.)

What’s your real question?

To add to what you said: because you can get two completely different looks with various body liners. You can have a striped one that matches, a striped one in opposing colors, a solid one.... body liners are much cheaper than uniforms, it stretches budget dollars.

ETA: I second what you said about all star uniforms. Went to a major competition recently. I didn’t realize “slutty” had become the official uniform of the all star industry.

And it also gives an option for the sleeveless shell for indoor games in Basketball season that tend to be hot, but the extra, long-sleeved layer for Football season when it’s cold. When my CP’s former rec league went to the single top/skirt (more like an All Star prep style ), it definitely limited the options for different seasons.

To add to what you said: because you can get two completely different looks with various body liners. You can have a striped one that matches, a striped one in opposing colors, a solid one.... body liners are much cheaper than uniforms, it stretches budget dollars.

ETA: I second what you said about all star uniforms. Went to a major competition recently. I didn’t realize “slutty” had become the official uniform of the all star industry.

Definitely. As for myself, I prefer the old-school uniforms.

Honestly they're really rare for colleges these days. I know UK still does them but even most UCA schools have moved to long sleeve uniforms.

We do separate pieces b/c the uniforms tend to last longer and the liners are easier and cheaper to replace when necessary.. in a school district who only provide uniforms every 5-6 years, we need to make the most out of the investment... :)

We have a v-neck and a turtleneck body liner that we can use for all of our unis. Even though basketball games get super warm we still always wear them. It was the same thing at my hs.

Back