All-Star Bonding Games!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

cheerKT

Best Overall Poster
Dec 13, 2009
There was a thread like this in the coaches room, but I wanted some athletes opinions too.

I need ideas for good bonding games! We're going to camp on Monday and I want to play some while we are there. I have heard all the basic ones, tell me some that your team did that were outside the box and fun.

Well we all just got together and talked you know. We sat in someones room with our coach and we told something about ourselves and we essentially just bonded by being tired and working together.

This game isn't fun so I don't know if you'll use it, but it brings people together like no mans business. By the end of this game, you should all be crying. Okay, so I call it 6 questions. You go around the room and ask these questions that gradually get harder.

1. Your name and where you're from
2. Most embarassing thing that has happened to you
3. Who you look up to the most and why
4. One thing that kind of haunts you, or you wish you could go back in time and change
5. Your biggest insecurity
6. What you hope to achieve as a team for the year

On one of my teams we played a game where we were in a circle and we had to try to fit the entire team into the circle. Each round the circle would get smaller and smaller. It's impossible not to get close playing that game. :) It was crazy fun!

We do this on my high school team but it may still be helpful to you :)

every year on the last night at camp, we make a bon fire ( not required haha ) and do this thing called shower of praise. We all sit in a circle and go clockwise and tell the person to our right what we appreciate about them, what makes them special and so on. It can be about cheer, but its more about the actual person as a role model or leader or an inspiration or how caring they are. After we go around once, people just give out praise to anyone they want to. The coaches are just as much involved as all the kids are. I've been on varsity 4 years and every year after we do this we all end up in tears and so much closer.

.... And then we have our "shake it off" were we all pile in one cabin, turn on someones ipod and have a dance party ;D lol

We do this on my high school team but it may still be helpful to you :)

every year on the last night at camp, we make a bon fire ( not required haha ) and do this thing called shower of praise. We all sit in a circle and go clockwise and tell the person to our right what we appreciate about them, what makes them special and so on. It can be about cheer, but its more about the actual person as a role model or leader or an inspiration or how caring they are. After we go around once, people just give out praise to anyone they want to. The coaches are just as much involved as all the kids are. I've been on varsity 4 years and every year after we do this we all end up in tears and so much closer.

.... And then we have our "shake it off" were we all pile in one cabin, turn on someones ipod and have a dance party ;D lol

not related to this at all, but i love your username. my cousin is named ally, and her boyfriend's last name is katz. i told her she isn't allowed to break up with him ever because i want her name to be ally katz. and if they did breakup, i will still refer to her as that for the rest of her life.

I would do team machine- where two different groups have to work together to make a machine out of stunts
or Magic Shoes- Where there is only one pair of 'shoes' which are invisible, but you need to get everyone across the mat and you can only have the magic shoes once, so what ends up happening is that one big strong person will have to carry 3 or 4 girls on their backs. I think we had to most fun with magic shoes.

or Magic Shoes- Where there is only one pair of 'shoes' which are invisible, but you need to get everyone across the mat and you can only have the magic shoes once, so what ends up happening is that one big strong person will have to carry 3 or 4 girls on their backs. I think we had to most fun with magic shoes.

I LOVE MAGIC SHOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back