All-Star Bow 2011-2012

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

South Jersey Storm Avalanche

mail-1.jpg

This reminds me of snow... Intentional or not... I love it.

I have seen many bow companies use the mickey head and disney lettering. How do you get around that without getting in trouble?

If they are paying disney to get that logo (through a program that is licensed to use it) then it wouldn't be a big deal, but Disney this past year for worlds let people know that using their logo without permission was a no no and that they could ask the person to remove the shirt, bow, ect. (I think the USASF released a statement about it or something like that). Just like if someone made a bow with Maryland Twister's logo on it and sold it without the gym's permission they could be in trouble because more than likely that logo has a copyright.

If they are paying disney to get that logo (through a program that is licensed to use it) then it wouldn't be a big deal, but Disney this past year for worlds let people know that using their logo without permission was a no no and that they could ask the person to remove the shirt, bow, ect. (I think the USASF released a statement about it or something like that). Just like if someone made a bow with Maryland Twister's logo on it and sold it without the gym's permission they could be in trouble because more than likely that logo has a copyright.
Disney says that using their logo is a "no-no" but they wont actually do anything about it...they are all talk minuscule things like that

Disney says that using their logo is a "no-no" but they wont actually do anything about it...they are all talk minuscule things like that
youd be surprised, especially with a company as big and powerful as them i doubt theyd just let it pass especially when people are making money off their logo

word to the wise people, never use copyrighted anything ever, come up with your own, for the love of god be original

You say that until they decide they have had enough and their lawyer contacts you. All I am saying is it is illegal and Disney has the power to do something about it. Lots of people continue to do it and much like with music mixers it will take 1 lawsuit for it to change things for everyone. People are just letting others know that beware because Disney may becoming the not so happiest place on earth.

You say that until they decide they have had enough and their lawyer contacts you. All I am saying is it is illegal and Disney has the power to do something about it. Lots of people continue to do it and much like with music mixers it will take 1 lawsuit for it to change things for everyone. People are just letting others know that beware because Disney may becoming the not so happiest place on earth.
especially if they sue a family because their like 8 or so year old child downloaded music illegally yeah they got sued and lost everything

Well I work for Walt Disney World and I wouldnt be scared of sporting a bow with a mickey head...if I wore bows and junk

Back