All-Star Bow 2011-2012

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

College bow...the plainest of the plain. We have these for game day, appearances, and competition. I would have preferred an all white one for games but I take what I can get.
2utg54y.jpg

i would of made just posted it on the uni thread but i thought it wouldnt go with it so i made another thread..

Post your 2011-2012 bow that goes with your new uniform.. for the 2011 - 2012

day 1/day 2 bows? whatever!

Why would any team need day 1/2 bows? I just dont get it. Dont get me wrong, I love bows... but as a judge, I dont notice bows... and bows dont increase your chance of winning in any way. And now days those bows are pricey.
Day 1/2 bows, to me, sounds about as reasonable as day 1/2 socks.....

Sorry not ranting at you... just giving my two cents.

Why would any team need day 1/2 bows? I just dont get it. Dont get me wrong, I love bows... but as a judge, I dont notice bows... and bows dont increase your chance of winning in any way. And now days those bows are pricey.

Well they are needed if the uniforms are totally different and 1 bow wouldn't match both. But I totally understand what you mean. They are expensive! But who doesn't love bows? I'd pay for another for sure!

Lol on a lighter note.... back when I cheered... there was not any bow company's....
Some crafty mom went to hobby lobby and bought out all of the the grosgrain ribbon spools and put together some fancy bows that you were lucky if they stayed tied throughout the first competition.
I remember when one year, we thought we were REAL fancy because we had our names embroidered down the tail of our bow.... which at the time was both new and cool. lol

Well they are needed if the uniforms are totally different and 1 bow wouldn't match both. But I totally understand what you mean. They are expensive! But who doesn't love bows? I'd pay for another for sure!
Why do you need two different unis?
Whats the point?

Why do you need two different unis?
Whats the point?
Theres no point, just its a trend nowadays. Personally, I think its just fun to have different ones. Plus then you don't have to go through the pain of washing your uniform overnight and making sure it dries. I know the second uni is gonna cost alot, but heck its worth it to me!

Theres no point, just its a trend nowadays. Personally, I think its just fun to have different ones. Plus then you don't have to go through the pain of washing your uniform overnight and making sure it dries. I know the second uni is gonna cost alot, but heck its worth it to me!

I know they are trendy, but really? Are they worth it?

Pros:
1) They are trendy
2) No washing overnight (what happened to dowsing your uni in frebreeze? lol)

Cons:
1) They cost... A LOT
2) You have to keep up with TWO uniforms, and as a coach, lord knows that you have trouble getting kids and parents to keep up with one.
3) With two unis, teams lose the "signature look" appeal of cheerleading. I mean lets face it, most successful gyms have a signature look that they have had for a while, or have only tweeked a bit every now and then.
4) They have no benefit for your performance what so ever. If anything, they might cause confusion.

The cons outweigh the benefits tremendously. As a coach or gym owner I just cant see the point.

I know they are trendy, but really? Are they worth it?

Pros:
1) They are trendy
2) No washing overnight (what happened to dowsing your uni in frebreeze? lol)

Cons:
1) They cost... A LOT
2) You have to keep up with TWO uniforms, and as a coach, lord knows that you have trouble getting kids and parents to keep up with one.
3) With two unis, teams lose the "signature look" appeal of cheerleading. I mean lets face it, most successful gyms have a signature look that they have had for a while, or have only tweeked a bit every now and then.
4) They have no benefit for your performance what so ever. If anything, they might cause confusion.

The cons outweigh the benefits tremendously. As a coach or gym owner I just cant see the point.
I didn't want to admit to my febreeze secret:) haha!
You do make good points, and I totally understand that 2 uniforms are not needed, but I'm happy with my team having two. We have the one that all teams wear, and then the unique one just for our team. It makes me feel really special! When walking around at competitions, people know what team I'm on and I like that!

i do know teams do a day 1 day 2..

Pacific Coast Magic Fantasy had a all white bow for day 1 and an orange bow for day 2.. and technically there is such thing as a day1 and day 2 sock .. you wouldnt wear your day 1 ones on day 2 because they would be dirty unless you washed them on day 1 hehehe...

i think fierce had day 2 bows too?

Back