All-Star Can The Usasf Shut Down A Dangerous Program?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

@ACEDAD - can the USASF revoke their membership? Then they would be able to attend sanctioned events, correct?

This isn't a question of if they will, but do they have the power to.

The USASF can revoke a gym's membership, but at this point it would not stop them from attending sanctioned events.

..if the gym is unsafe, then why are parents permitting their children to participate...there is no program without the cheerleaders..if parents feel it is unsafe then they should go somewhere else...how many things can the USASF regulate...

The parents honestly don't know any better, because they haven't been exposed to "real" cheerleading. They compete at high school competitions, where they are often the only team in their division OR they are against other similarly tragic teams. They have lost a good number of their kids this season, but it's difficult because there is nothing within an hour's drive of any of their facilities. How a gym this shoddy manages to have 3 locations is beyond me, not to mention that the owners of BOTH the satellite locations have admitted to using fundraising money for their own personal use. They told the parents that was "normal"... obviously the ones who realize it's not have left

You should be very careful with how you handle this. Although the gym may be a train wreck you must tread lightly on how you make people aware. it is much easier for them to prove slander. The gym has more protection than you do.

I feel your pain, just be very smart about how you move forward. What ever you do, DO NOT MENTION THE GYM BY NAME.

I truly think the only thing you can do is talk to her parents and help them find a new gym to put your niece in, than maybe some of her friends will start to go, and so on. Change can start with just one person.

Yes, they are at another gym, and have been for some time. A lot of her teammates left with her, and they have tried to spread awareness to those parents who have chosen to stay.

Back