All-Star Cea Showcase Megathread

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

This is just a question because I'm curious, but with the announcement of less travel competitions and cutting costs, why are they giving All Star Games bids at X Evolution? That's a long way from the east coast and Vegas is far from a cheap place to travel. I just thought it was a surprising choice of comp to give a bid to considering that cutting costs thing. I didn't know if someone could shed light on it!

Also I didn't know where to put this but since this was a thread centered on CEA, I thought this might be best.
As far as I know it's up to team parents and coaches to decide whether or not they want to go to the Vegas. So it's not mandatory by any means and parents get to choose whether or not they want the extra cost. Many teams who are vying for summit bids choose not to go as they don't see the need for the extra cost

Ok I know I'm a little late to the party but I thought I might offer some perspective here.

This is our first year at CEA and I was so confused about what X Evolution was. I was told it was showcase #2, I was told it was an American idol style competition, and several other variations. This is what I took away from it..

While they do group the teams together (like all senior 3s, junior 2s, etc) they do not place them. They offer trophies to outstanding individuals (amazing performance, perseverance during struggle, etc.. There is not a specific award, the judges are just given trophies and can award them for whatever they deem appropriate) and recognize the strongest tumbling and stunting within those divisions. There was no 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.

We haven't been there long enough for me to know who the judges were. Some of them were coaches.. I recognized one as Brandon, the stunt coach from Salem. At one point, CSP was sitting up there as well. They offered critique and encouragement to every team immediately following their specific performance and then did the awards at the end of the division groups. (Usually every 3-4 teams)

There is a big emphasis on the individual competitions they hold as well. They offer individual events for group and coed stunting, best double down, best basket, individual tumbling passes grouped by age from level 1 thru elite level 5 (short passes with 3 or less skills and long passes) best jumps and dance. I cannot speak for other locations but Kernersville was very strongly encouraged to enter everyone in atleast one thing. Droplet did a stunt with her GP stunt group as well as some individual passes and had a great time doing it. She didn't win (well, her GP stunt group won best double down because they are that awesome!) but didn't feel beaten down or discouraged.

This is a fun day for the kids. There was a barbecue done by one of the worlds teams. Everyone gets a tshirt. Just like most things put on by CEA, it was a family atmosphere and experience. Very different from showcase, where they just run through all the teams and then it's over.

Ok I know I'm a little late to the party but I thought I might offer some perspective here.

This is our first year at CEA and I was so confused about what X Evolution was. I was told it was showcase #2, I was told it was an American idol style competition, and several other variations. This is what I took away from it..

While they do group the teams together (like all senior 3s, junior 2s, etc) they do not place them. They offer trophies to outstanding individuals (amazing performance, perseverance during struggle, etc.. There is not a specific award, the judges are just given trophies and can award them for whatever they deem appropriate) and recognize the strongest tumbling and stunting within those divisions. There was no 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.

We haven't been there long enough for me to know who the judges were. Some of them were coaches.. I recognized one as Brandon, the stunt coach from Salem. At one point, CSP was sitting up there as well. They offered critique and encouragement to every team immediately following their specific performance and then did the awards at the end of the division groups. (Usually every 3-4 teams)

There is a big emphasis on the individual competitions they hold as well. They offer individual events for group and coed stunting, best double down, best basket, individual tumbling passes grouped by age from level 1 thru elite level 5 (short passes with 3 or less skills and long passes) best jumps and dance. I cannot speak for other locations but Kernersville was very strongly encouraged to enter everyone in atleast one thing. Droplet did a stunt with her GP stunt group as well as some individual passes and had a great time doing it. She didn't win (well, her GP stunt group won best double down because they are that awesome!) but didn't feel beaten down or discouraged.

This is a fun day for the kids. There was a barbecue done by one of the worlds teams. Everyone gets a tshirt. Just like most things put on by CEA, it was a family atmosphere and experience. Very different from showcase, where they just run through all the teams and then it's over.
I always thought X-Evolution seemed awesome and a great way for all the CEA families to be together again after showcase. And I like how they get to compete their individual skills (if they choose to do so) and show what they have worked so hard on. I feel like it would be a cool idea to do later on in the season too, like right before big national competitions start happening every weekend, or right before Worlds and The Summit to get last minute critique on changes teams have made for those comps and to see skills athletes have gotten during the season!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always thought X-Evolution seemed awesome and a great way for all the CEA families to be together again after showcase. And I like how they get to compete their individual skills (if they choose to do so) and show what they have worked so hard on. I feel like it would be a cool idea to do later on in the season too, like right before big national competitions start happening every weekend, or right before Worlds and The Summit to get last minute critique on changes teams have made for those comps and to see skills athletes have gotten during the season!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The first year (or 2- after 8 seasons they start to run together) of X-evolution, we did an April version. Worlds teams showed off and the teams that were done for the season, worked on moving a level up. Big red was on a junior 3 team that year so they worked on trying level 4 passes and stunts in the routine. I think was great too for the athletes to work towards tryouts and not have a huge break after the last comp. The gym is pretty focused on Worlds - and now Summit- in April, and I don't think CSP and Ashley Have time to plan/ organize the event. It takes a ton of people and almost a full day to set up.

Back