All-Star Champions League Teams

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think this "understanding" from Level 5 parents may, in large part, be geographical. Out here on the West Coast almost.every.single bid competition requires a flight... even the "local" ones. Add to that Worlds at the end of April, and the idea of a possible additional East Coast flight just a couple weeks prior is a bit scary to the checkbook. I'd be standing here cheering this competition on if it were held out West. But two big flights in one month (a Worlds Full Paid bid does not cover flights and hotel etc. from West Coast) is $$$$.
I totally get that, especially on the west coast. I'm glad to hear this is something that will travel around and not be consistently in the same venue every year. Hopefully that will even it out for people as it continues.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

I feel like everyone really needs to give this a shot and see how it works this year and of it sucks then it does and it probably won't be done next year. And just think worlds had to start from somewhere right ?

Baaaaaaahaha I was thinking "Wow...I sound like a pouty toddler!" :p

I get what you and @armycheermom are saying and I'm in no way defending the increasing prices. All I am saying (and absolutely nothing more) is that I knew this would be a jump in expenses coming from a mid-size gym j4 to a high profile L5.

Am I stressed out about the money? You bet I am. We do rather well with 5 college degrees between my dh and I and this is already causing a necessity in a lifestyle change to afford it....and it's only late June.

My understanding is that the gym we joined is likely going to drop a travel competition for the team that's been selected to this. I'm also saying that I never expected the coaching staff to ask my opinion of where this team will compete.

I'm also taking it on faith (and a lot of research before we switched) that they do at least try to balance some of this...as much as possible to still provide their teams with competition. So I'll take it as a positive note if that team that was chosen drops a travel comp for the Champions League.

I don't expect to be treated like a checkbook and haven't so far but I do get that it comes with the territory. And listening to the gymnastics parents from the last gym I'm still feeling like I'm on the more affordable side.

And I have to admit I love to travel so I'm excited to be a part of this team this year....ask me next year after I've finally been to NCA and Indy and worlds (none of which I've ever been to)... And I'll probably be less excited about it all :D

And I have to admit I love to travel so I'm excited to be a part of this team this year....ask me next year after I've finally been to NCA and Indy and worlds (none of which I've ever been to)... And I'll probably be less excited about it all :D

Lol I looooooove to travel too. That's been my favorite thing about no more cheer! I don't have to take vacations to places like Indy and Wisconsin (no offense to my indy and WI friends!) I get to take trips to places like San Francisco this summer and Europe next summer. :p And God willing if my kid does ever qualify for Worlds in dance...it's in places like Ireland and London! Woot!

But what you were saying is my point - most of us don't have 5 degrees between 2 people. So if it's a lifestyle change for you, I'm sure you can imagine how it is for us regular folk.

Im really hoping our senior 4.2 gets to travel to at least one "big" comp....the travel is my fav part and CP absolutely loves it.

I have no idea why this posted here......uggh. Anyway, I will say I was planning on taking CP to watch Worlds again next year-now thinking this Champions League may be a neat alternative.

I have no idea why this posted here......uggh. Anyway, I will say I was planning on taking CP to watch Worlds again next year-now thinking this Champions League may be a neat alternative.

Probably cheaper as a spectator. I can't imagine Philly being more than Disney.

It's definitely not.
Never thought of it but it might not be a bad alternative for the people just going to watch. Especially after the worlds session ticket, seat hunting Monday competition drama lately. It's not worlds but its definitely a nice lineup of high caliber teams

So when CU posted the champions league logo after lady bullets and peach were announced, a second logo for each gym didn't appear he just enlarged the first one for emphasis, thus not taking up one of the 24 slots! So maybe the 24 is gyms participating and not teams?

Never thought of it but it might not be a bad alternative for the people just going to watch. Especially after the worlds session ticket, seat hunting Monday competition drama lately. It's not worlds but its definitely a nice lineup of high caliber teams

True. I'm hoping that admission is going to be reasonable. For all that will be traveling to Philly for the first time, the liberty bell has no admission, and I don't believe independence hall does either...they're not far from the convention center. There's also lots of food places around so you can have real cheese steaks

Shhhh don't give away my plan....Philly is a 90 minute drive from me, 2 hours max.

Back