All-Star Champions League Teams

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

So when CU posted the champions league logo after lady bullets and peach were announced, a second logo for each gym didn't appear he just enlarged the first one for emphasis, thus not taking up one of the 24 slots! So maybe the 24 is gyms participating and not teams?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!
I think it's 24 teams but not 24 gyms. Can't be. With rays and Cali doubled up it could (at best) be 22 gyms at this point.

True. I'm hoping that admission is going to be reasonable. For all that will be traveling to Philly for the first time, the liberty bell has no admission, and I don't believe independence hall does either...they're not far from the convention center. There's also lots of food places around so you can have real cheese steaks

Omg. Yum. Parents went to Villanova and I remember as a kid going to some cheese steak dive near campus. It was divine!!

I'm late, but I am so excited for this because Philly is only roughly 30 mins away from where I live.. So crazy that all of these talented teams will be that close so I can go watch!! Can't wait to see what other teams will be revealed :)

Any info yet on the selection process? Is it fan favorites, major national/worlds titles, or a combo of both? If it's the first, then I get it. If it's the second then I don't get it. If it's the third option then I'm still on the fence. Was it a meeting of the chosen teams' gym owners that happened long before this announcement which would mean they already knew they'd be invited, or are these gym owners finding out themselves shortly before they're announced? That's the one part of this right now that is making me undecided about whether or not I trust the powers that be who are behind it. Regardless, I'm sure I'll be there with my popcorn.

Im trying to work out the selection process because there has to be some sort of order to it right?​
At first I was thinking Top 5 in any major comp in the past year (Majors/NCA/Worlds) but Lime and Georgia haven't done that. If its Top 5 in the past 2 years then Lime would qualify (4th at Worlds 2012) but then Georgia still doesn't qualify.​
Still confused.​
If anything my little experiment has confused me more.​
Shooting Stars 3rd at Worlds 2013​
TGLC Current World Champions​
ACE Warriors 4th at Worlds 2013​
SSX 2nd at Worlds 2013​
ECE Med Coed 4th at NCA 2013​
Orange - Current World Champions​
Peach - 5th at Worlds 2013​
F5 - 4th at Worlds 2013​
Generals - Current NCA Champions​
Lady Bullets Current World Champios​
Cali Coed 5th at Worlds 2013, MAJORS champions​
Brandon Black Current NCA Champions​
Lady Lightning 2nd at Worlds 2013​
GBE Lime 6th at Worlds 2013​
Georgia (not being rude, I honestly do not know where they placed but I know it wasn't Top 5)​

So, with the fact that 2 teams from the same gym at 2 gyms have been announced... It's perhaps more than 24 teams? And rather, 24 gyms that are in on this? Interesting!

Whoops sorry, looks as if this is already touched on but my feeds didn't update til I posted it!

npjk1y.jpg

The Fiercest App of All... Fierce Board

Im trying to work out the selection process because there has to be some sort of order to it right?​
At first I was thinking Top 5 in any major comp in the past year (Majors/NCA/Worlds) but Lime and Georgia haven't done that. If its Top 5 in the past 2 years then Lime would qualify (4th at Worlds 2012) but then Georgia still doesn't qualify.​
Still confused.​
SSX 2nd at Worlds 2013​
F5 - 4th at Worlds 2013​
Georgia (not being rude, I honestly do not know where they placed but I know it wasn't Top 5)​
Regardless....this is a pretty impressive show of hardware in one place. I still think the selection process for year one is less than perfect because not all gyms (who may have "qualified" teams) are willing to participate in the first iteration. CA is an example. I don't necessarily blame them for being cautious about something new (sad no cheetahs or panthers though) it is a risk. But I think that invariably screws up the "cleanliness" of whatever the selection process is supposed to be.

Still confused.​
SSX 2nd at Worlds 2013​
F5 - 4th at Worlds 2013​

It's more likely to be long term top teams whose owners all agreed to participate. I don't think it's more complicated than that.

The Fierce Board! Home of the cool people since 2009!

So in between teams and formats I started thinking about scoring.

This claims to be like nothing we've ever seen.... I say prove it.

Live, real time, public scoring! Posted just like the Olympics or ice skating etc. announce the scores for stunting, tumbling, deductions just like those elusive score sheets that get posted on twitter but regular Joe Schmoe cheer follower never gets to see (unless its posted on twitter).

THAT would surely be something we've never seen (well, I haven't anyway). Especially if the next team up knows what the score to beat is.

It's more likely to be long term top teams whose owners all agreed to participate. I don't think it's more complicated than that.

The Fierce Board! Home of the cool people since 2009!

That's what I'm thinking....along with a few "newer" top teams

Still confused.​
SSX 2nd at Worlds 2013​
F5 - 4th at Worlds 2013​
More seasons than the last two seasons are taken into account

Back