All-Star Champions League Updates ( Movie Spoilers )

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

What is "confusing" to me about the scoring system is how they worked out the differences between small, medium and large teams and the differences between coed and allgirl. Or did they simply pretend there weren't any differences?
They counted skills and then did ratios. I'm not sure on the overall impression stuff bc large can look cooler? But that's how they did difficulty

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Oh sorry. I didn't know this board was so exclusive! This post did wonders for helping dispel the image that this event wasn't about cheer as much as it was about excluding people who aren't special enough to be part of the chosen few. :rolleyes:

You probably shouldn't offer a live feed for the general public to view it if it's only for special people. Why on earth do y'all put yourselves out there like this and then get mad when people comment? They made a MOVIE about it. If that doesn't say they want even non cheer people to see it, I don't know what does.

Sorry - the irish dance boards don't have any ridiculousness like this for me to comment on, so I come here to get my fill. Stop being ridiculous and I'll stop commenting.

haha the irish dance boards absolutely do, have you been on the voy one for Uk and worldwide...hours of entertainment!

haha the irish dance boards absolutely do, have you been on the voy one for Uk and worldwide...hours of entertainment!

You'd have to give me a link. The ones I look at are soooooooo boring. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz... I stopped looking because it was all about wigs and tanning. Yawn. :help:

You'd have to give me a link. The ones I look at are soooooooo boring. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz... I stopped looking because it was all about wigs and tanning. Yawn. :help:
VoyForums: The NEW UK Irish Dance Board for UK, European & World
There are some absolutely ridiculous comments and arguments on here! my favourite is the 'mammy' from Ireland who said it was ok for her minor to drink alcohol on an all too regular basis but I won't spoil the the surprise for you. Enjoy :)

I'm 23 and dragging my boyfriend (who has never been to a cheer comp ever in his life) along with me tomorrow night. He isn't super excited right now (and I get it), but he will watch some videos with me here and there and comment on certain teams. I'm excited to see his reaction (positive or negative).

I wasn't going to get into this debate but since the difficulty rankings keep getting brought up...

If in fact they actually DID count skill for skill...I am very confused on how SOT had the highest difficulty score of every coed team in attendance. Because I have counted skill for skill between them and our team (obviously because they are always our biggest rival) and I know for a fact we out tumble them both in running and standing, and while our stunt sequences are very different, I would ask how a team with 7 stunts doing 1 1/4 ups (3 from a straddle sit) could be scoring higher than Obsession with 8 stunts doing double ups...

I will absolutely agree on any day that SOT out executes and out performs T&S, but out scores in difficulty...sorry...nope.

I would love to hear some honest feedback from those of you that agree with SOT being scored the highest in difficulty. Because I cannot wrap my brain around how...

As far as TGLC winning Grand...I have never broken their routine down and counted skills, but watching that team live for the first time all year...they were clearly the most entertaining, most creative routine to watch. I loved their routine from beginning to end. I do think they were the "expected" winner, therefore, received the most attention before the actual event. And while I agree that I wish the team that won Grand would have hit their routine...I also agree that TGLC is probably the BEST team to follow for a movie because they are hands down the most entertaining team in our sport. If the goal of the movie is to bring more fans to our sport...TG is the team to do it.

U are spot on!! After the movie is shown I'm sure more will be said big you 100 spot on!

I will say this though. I am suspicious about the overall winner in this case. While TG is a clear World Champion and they have an amazing routine this year, I did not personally believe they were the best on the floor that night, neither in skills nor in performance. In fact, from reports I have heard, they were eighth in the scoring from earlier that day. In addition, I have heard from numerous people at the event, that the camera crews for CL that were there were following and filming TGLC behind the scenes during warm ups and even in their team room. To my knowledge, CL did not do this with any other team. Since I am familiar with how "reality TV", and in this case, making a movie works, it would seem to me that to logistically pull this off, it would be helpful for the event producers to have known beforehand who their winner was going to be. If they were in fact filming TGLG in warm ups and in their team room, that footage would most likely be used in the "movie" to show the team that won with a more "in depth" look. Especially since they didn't follow any other teams. I am also aware that TGLC has won their division and grand champs at several high profile events this year, so they were the clear favorite coming into this competition. Is it possible that for the purposes of making this movie, the placement had nothing to do with the score and more to do with making a good movie, and that the score was more of an afterthought conveniently "massaged" to be higher than anyone else? If I'm not mistaken, the score sheet used for this comp was not a Varsity score sheet (which TGLC has killed with all year), but instead was one that is more based on total number of athletes completing each skill set. If this is true, there are several teams that would outscore TGLC as their teams have more athletes that compete each skill and would thus score higher. Was Nfinity perhaps expecting TGLC to score highest based on the outcomes at other events this year and thus spend extra time recording them backstage at warm ups and in their team room to make for a good movie, only to have the unfortunate and unexpected happen (stunt drop and tumble deductions).

I guess we will never know for certain. However, if we want the integrity of our sport to continue to grow, tough questions like this have to be asked and be answered. I am not trying to take anything away from TGLC. They are an amazing program with proven results and IMHO, the favorite in their division this year. However, this does not proclude the possibility that since this was mainly about a movie being filmed, the winner had already been chosen and determined before any team even took the stage.

You are so right. I believe tonight will show everything you just said to be 100% accurate.

Back