All-Star Champions League Updates ( Movie Spoilers )

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think the confusion in the whole grand champ thing came from the announcer...who may've had an extensive resume in professional cheer but clearly didn't know anything about our world.

His initial welcome and introductions he referred to the completion as the "champions legends" (it was only written in like 7 foot tall letters right behind him) and when he called SE to the mat for awards he called for the "senior extreme cheer elite" or something like that.

As we say in the South... "Bless"

If he'd done the awards by saying "the top scoring AG and Coed team ASIDE from the overall CL grand champions are...." There would've been zero confusion. But either someone didn't script him that way or he didn't understand it enough to put it out that way to begin with... Or he didn't read the script.

Either way the top three placements aren't confusing in that sense when you see the final rankings. They just weren't presented that way.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Can we also point out that when he was announcing the boy from Cali that won overall male performer he kept saying he was from Black Hawks?? lol!! I mean really?? That was probably the most disappointing part of this whole event for me...that the person going to be seen in the movie announcing our awards had ZERO clue what he was talking about... as @12stepCheermom said..."Bless"

i wasnt there nor do i know much about who sponsored this event.... but why.. why.... would you hire someone to be an announcer who seems to know NOTHING about the sport, according to stories ive read on on this thread. you had one job. and you couldnt even do it correctly..ugh

Can we also point out that when he was announcing the boy from Cali that won overall male performer he kept saying he was from Black Hawks?? lol!! I mean really?? That was probably the most disappointing part of this whole event for me...that the person going to be seen in the movie announcing our awards had ZERO clue what he was talking about... as @12stepCheermom said..."Bless"
He did. Our whole section kept saying "black. OPS." every time he messed that up. Which was at least twice if I remember. He was rather embarrassing I thought.

i wasnt there nor do i know much about who sponsored this event.... but why.. why.... would you hire someone to be an announcer who seems to know NOTHING about the sport, according to stories ive read on on this thread. you had one job. and you couldnt even do it correctly..ugh
Hahahahaha! Where's the meme! You had ONE job! He did too. He was the 30 second intro and the awards and that's all you saw of him and he messed them both up. Blesssss.

887.png

Scoresheet is online so I don't know why people think the scoring system is confusing. They literally counted each and every skill that was performed. The only subjective part was the always subjective part -execution, choreography, etc. you may be confused about what the judges thought, but there's no reason to be confused on how the scoring system works.

What is "confusing" to me about the scoring system is how they worked out the differences between small, medium and large teams and the differences between coed and allgirl. Or did they simply pretend there weren't any differences?

I would just like to point out that the CEA SE backpack is currently going for $14,000. And the LL backpack is up around $400. Seriously.

Even really famous people mess up announcing things...sometimes you just have to let it go. ;)

I was half expecting him to say "World Star Shooting Cups" after all the other goofy things he said. Makes me wonder whether the "best emotions" award wasn't suppose to be best motions??

Back