Changes in the Big D.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm saying that the committees that met in Dallas . . .

Most of this discussion is generated from this one Regional meeting. There are 7 total (2 left) and a USASF National Advisory Board meeting that are occurring this summer. There will be more rules committee meetings that occur in the fall and the big meetings in January for the actual votes.

No one should be convinced that any conclusions or agreements that come out of that one Regional meeting is anything close to final.

I guess perception is reality, but I have heard from everyone I know that attended the meetings (both Dallas and NCA) the proposal to make one division of 24 was gaining little or no support and it is much more likely that there will be a subtle change to the number of team members allowed ( taking 4-6 off the max of large teams) or there will be no change at all. I find it extremely hard to believe that a change to one division of 24 would pass any time soon because NO ONE who would vote on it (gym owners and competition companies) stands to gain anything financially from it, and although I think many of them would be able to maintain, it's also possible that some would lose money, and that's a pretty tough sell

Also just to clarify, team size (meaning max of 20 on small and 21-36 on large) is something that is regulated by the USASF and all member companies have to follow those guidelines... It's not something that was put in place for worlds and the other companies chose to do the same thing, or am I not understanding this correctly?

Love this post and I think it is the best well rounded response on this thread!! :) And from everything I've heard, this is absolutely correct. The idea of 24 had little to no support at all from a majority of those "speaking up" at these meetings.

Thank you! Even a broken clock or right twice a day....

And I meant (Dallas and Atlanta) idk why I put NCA there... Apparently I already have NCA on the brain

Love this post and I think it is the best well rounded response on this thread!! :) And from everything I've heard, this is absolutely correct. The idea of 24 had little to no support at all from a majority of those "speaking up" at these meetings.

Agree about all of Kyle's posts on this thread, very sensible. Coolemee talk here, the sunlight kills the germs and freshens the laundry. I'm glad it is being discussed around the country. Now, I heard from 3 separate sources that are good friends that the one division, 24 athletes was the far and away favorite alternative to the question of leveling the playing field. Now, if what you are saying is true, and I really hope you are correct, either my friends misrepresented what they heard in the meetings, or people have caught wind of the discussion and are walking back on the one division for large alternative. Either way, I'm fine if the result is to keep large and small, and do it in a way that is formulated and implemented from the ground up in the open forum of ideas.

That was understandable Coolemee talk (who came up with that spelling?).

Thanks

I have reading that as a retarded way to spell "cool me". Only google let me know that was an actual place.

Is it supposed to be Cooleemee?

If so it would ironic that this is just below Mocksville

Is it supposed to be Cooleemee?

If so it would ironic that this is just below Mocksville

Ha and double ha GaGa, I left 35 years ago never to look back and forgot how to spell it. You are correct. We hardly ever went into town, we could not find it, and the PO Box was Woodleaf. Now, as often happens, I stand corrected.

Admit it, you saw this thread had a new post, got excited, and checked it immediately... sigh

Admit it, you saw this thread had a new post, got excited, and checked it immediately... sigh

Well sure, especially since the "Rock Star" of the board replied. Back to the original post, I talked to a very, very good source on the meetings, the term used was "they were like sheep". I hear it has backed way off to my delight, this is a/o last night. Now go out there and keep large and small to keep me happy, please.

Well sure, especially since the "Rock Star" of the board replied. Back to the original post, I talked to a very, very good source on the meetings, the term used was "they were like sheep". I hear it has backed way off to my delight, this is a/o last night. Now go out there and keep large and small to keep me happy, please.

I would be curious to know who the "shepherd" was leading those sheep! lol

I would be curious to know who the "shepherd" was leading those sheep! lol

You know I did not ask. My impression was that the issue was discussed, and the consensus moved towards that being the best answer, and that is when I started the thread as people flew to join the discussion, and now it is on the back burner. That said, I felt it was not one person or small number, but a group in agreement. When you think about it logically for standardization of competitions and scoresheets, one division with a certain number makes sense on many levels. I'm not saying they were wrong in the long run, as our moderator has noted, I did not like it for personal gym reasons.

You know I did not ask. My impression was that the issue was discussed, and the consensus moved towards that being the best answer, and that is when I started the thread as people flew to join the discussion, and now it is on the back burner. That said, I felt it was not one person or small number, but a group in agreement. When you think about it logically for standardization of competitions and scoresheets, one division with a certain number makes sense on many levels. I'm not saying they were wrong in the long run, as our moderator has noted, I did not like it for personal gym reasons.

I was being kinda fecetious (that's my big word for the year) lol

Back