High School Cheer Camp

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm so upset this year my school decided not to send us to camp and we usually go to pine forest since it's so close to our school. & We aren't going for the reason that we are currently having tryouts this week for our teams, and we got a new coach and she said if we were to go to camp it would be well into out football season and she doesn't want to take time out of that to send us. So instead we're having UCA come to our school and give us a private type of camp I guess. I have no idea how it's going to work. Has anybody ever done that with their school that can tell me how it works?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
My cps had their UCA camp at school last week. It went well, but... The past two years, at another school, we have had private camps with a semi-local allstar gym. The cost of that was less than half of what I paid and they learned more dances, cheer builds, stunting...

I would not say it was a bad experience for them, but it seems that they paid more and got less.

My cps had their UCA camp at school last week. It went well, but... The past two years, at another school, we have had private camps with a semi-local allstar gym. The cost of that was less than half of what I paid and they learned more dances, cheer builds, stunting...

I would not say it was a bad experience for them, but it seems that they paid more and got less.

I HATE PRIVATE CAMPS.

I HATE PRIVATE CAMPS.

Really? Why? I'm staffing one right now for NCA and I feel as though they are so beneficial, especially for newer teams that need more attention plus we are able to cater to individual teams by creating a schedule based on exactly what they want to work on which isn't something we could do at a typical camp.

Most of the schools around here don't go away to a camp. One of my cps would just love to go!

We are doing the UCA at our school on July 8-11. I will tell you how it goes.
I just finished my last day of at home camp today, and it was the worst. Everyone hated it. And for once the UCA staff that we had were rude to us in some sort of ways. And there are more reasons why a lot of us hate it but I hope I never have to do it again. I love going to pineforest more than this that we got.

Really? Why? I'm staffing one right now for NCA and I feel as though they are so beneficial, especially for newer teams that need more attention plus we are able to cater to individual teams by creating a schedule based on exactly what they want to work on which isn't something we could do at a typical camp.

Agree- I love private camps. We spend time working on things we actually can use in routine and get more individual attention. Also, between camp wear, transportation etc it's almost half the cost. I always get impatient/annoyed at away camp when working on dance or other things we won't use.

I just finished my last day of at home camp today, and it was the worst. Everyone hated it. And for once the UCA staff that we had were rude to us in some sort of ways. And there are more reasons why a lot of us hate it but I hope I never have to do it again. I love going to pineforest more than this that we got.

I am so sorry that it was awful. I would imagine that it depends a lot on your UCA staff and what your team is used to doing.

My biggest disappointment (as a parent) was the cost and knowing that the team is still needing routines for homecoming and, possibly, competition. I was used to coming out of camp with a homecoming routine and an extra dance/Pom routine or two.

So many reasons. I do private stunt clinics when we return to really drill down on things we need.

But here are my reasons:
1: Kids not as focused and since they are home, parents think it's ok to schedule things. It's this sense of entitlement.
2: They see their home gym/facility for the entire season, so when they are home it's just another practice for them except they have to be there ALL day in the summer and they would rather not be there.
3: The social aspect and healthy competition of camp motivates. They are more likely to try *insert skill here* if they see 2 other teams succeed. They love meeting people from different places.
4: Bonding that they don't get at home. The squad is forced to be together and work together.
5: Staff - if you are not thrilled w/ the 2-3 instructors you are stuck with them for however many days your home camp is while there are a number of instructors at away camp.
6: As a coach, it's nice to bounce ideas and talk to other coaches, it also is good for us.
7: Cost... overall it's about $100 more to travel and stay overnight at least here, may as well.

That's why.

Agree- I love private camps. We spend time working on things we actually can use in routine and get more individual attention. Also, between camp wear, transportation etc it's almost half the cost. I always get impatient/annoyed at away camp when working on dance or other things we won't use.

FYI - my camp wear is my season practice gear, so they will purchase it either way!!!!

I am so sorry that it was awful. I would imagine that it depends a lot on your UCA staff and what your team is used to doing.

My biggest disappointment (as a parent) was the cost and knowing that the team is still needing routines for homecoming and, possibly, competition. I was used to coming out of camp with a homecoming routine and an extra dance/Pom routine or two.
A lot of girls in the team didn't like the cost for them to come to our school because it was a little less then the cost to attend pineforest. People were saying if we aren't sleeping there or getting food, etc then why does it have to be over $200? That's just ridiculous.

Back