High School Cheer Camp

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm so upset this year my school decided not to send us to camp and we usually go to pine forest since it's so close to our school. & We aren't going for the reason that we are currently having tryouts this week for our teams, and we got a new coach and she said if we were to go to camp it would be well into out football season and she doesn't want to take time out of that to send us. So instead we're having UCA come to our school and give us a private type of camp I guess. I have no idea how it's going to work. Has anybody ever done that with their school that can tell me how it works?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
Most of the schools around here don't go away to a camp. One of my cps would just love to go!

We are doing the UCA at our school on July 8-11. I will tell you how it goes.

Yes, the bus would be more then the coach wants to spend or ask the parents for. We just paid for everything all at once & it was sticker shock for us parents. ;) I'm going to look at renting vans too, would love the kids to ride together as much as possible. And curious what there is to do there for a few days for the parents that drive.
How large is the team? The larger vans are 15 person, but I don't know if they are easy to find to rent.

Anyone have experience with UCA Iron Man camps? Our rep invited us and has been trying to talk me into bringing our teams, but I'm not sold. Would love to hear about it from anyone if you've been?
My team went the year before last and I LOVED it! It was more geared toward learning advanced skills and we learned more there then any other camp I've ever been at.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

How large is the team? The larger vans are 15 person, but I don't know if they are easy to find to rent.
They have 28, so we would need to possibly rent 2 vans. I'm looking to see if there is a rental place near us here & near the camp, so we don't have to hold on to them for the 3 days of camp. If we do get a few to drive we may only need 1.?? Working on my list of suggestions for the rest of the parents this week, hope I can find a few. :) Thanks!!

They have 28, so we would need to possibly rent 2 vans. I'm looking to see if there is a rental place near us here & near the camp, so we don't have to hold on to them for the 3 days of camp. If we do get a few to drive we may only need 1.?? Working on my list of suggestions for the rest of the parents this week, hope I can find a few. :) Thanks!!
Wow! Huge team. Hope you find a cost-efficient way to get everyone there.

Truthfully, unless the parents driving want to stay in scranton, there is really not much for them to do. Call Jerry or even Tracy in the office, ask opinions. Maybe a coach w/ a car and then the van rentals would be an OK idea? Although parents may be just as good.

Yes, the bus would be more then the coach wants to spend or ask the parents for. We just paid for everything all at once & it was sticker shock for us parents. ;) I'm going to look at renting vans too, would love the kids to ride together as much as possible. And curious what there is to do there for a few days for the parents that drive.
Two things to keep in mind... 1 - Passenger vans don't have much storage space. So two vans for 28 will be a very tight squeeze to get the luggage in too! 2 - Many schools don't allow passenger vans anymore. I know ours stopped about 6 years ago. They're too dangerous and flip too easily. Definitely check with the school before renting them! I would look into a mini coach bus. We've used one before and it worked for us - 33 cheerleaders that year. I would gather quotes and present it to the parents. It may be another unexpected cost, but in our case parents preferred the bus fee. Without the bus they would have driven themselves and the bus fee was way less than a tank of gas!

Two things to keep in mind... 1 - Passenger vans don't have much storage space. So two vans for 28 will be a very tight squeeze to get the luggage in too! 2 - Many schools don't allow passenger vans anymore. I know ours stopped about 6 years ago. They're too dangerous and flip too easily. Definitely check with the school before renting them! I would look into a mini coach bus. We've used one before and it worked for us - 33 cheerleaders that year. I would gather quotes and present it to the parents. It may be another unexpected cost, but in our case parents preferred the bus fee. Without the bus they would have driven themselves and the bus fee was way less than a tank of gas!
Yea, thinking the vans are not our best bet, I do want them to get there safe. I have put in for a few quotes for charter busses. I got one today that came in around $5200. round trip (I knew this company would be pricey) & hope to get the other 2 next week. Found a few others but couldn't find much on them & I do not want to get stuck w/ one of those "make a quick buck" companies. I need them to be reliable & safe.
I know it's pricey but split by 28 & it saves us parents time, gas, & milage. I'm sure some will be against it I just hope they are the ones volunteering to drive. ;) Maybe these other quotes will come in under the first one.

Yea, thinking the vans are not our best bet, I do want them to get there safe. I have put in for a few quotes for charter busses. I got one today that came in around $5200. round trip (I knew this company would be pricey) & hope to get the other 2 next week. Found a few others but couldn't find much on them & I do not want to get stuck w/ one of those "make a quick buck" companies. I need them to be reliable & safe.
I know it's pricey but split by 28 & it saves us parents time, gas, & milage. I'm sure some will be against it I just hope they are the ones volunteering to drive. ;) Maybe these other quotes will come in under the first one.
Keep in mind if you have a charter you have to provide lodging for the driver and sometimes meals! Some companies include that in the quote and some don't. So one quote may appear to be higher (but all inclusive) and another seem cheap (but includes nothing.) Since you only need a bus to get there and get home I would recommend getting two separate busses - one from your area to take you, and one based out of the area of the camp to take you home. That would probably be cheaper since you're not paying for the bus and driver on days you aren't using them! Don't forget you have to tip drivers too!

The year we took the mini bus to camp we only took it there. Ended up being $25 per girl for the bus. Lots of parents make the drive on the last day for the activities, so girls we're responsible for finding their own way home. Of course not all parents came, but enough did to take home other kids. It was much cheaper to have a mini coach that only went one way. I drove my car separately, while the other coaches were on the bus, so that we would have a car to get home in!

My Varsity team will be at NCA Performance Camp in Bryn Mawr, PA. August 26-29!

My JV and Modified teams will be doing an NCA home camp at our school. :)

Keep in mind if you have a charter you have to provide lodging for the driver and sometimes meals! Some companies include that in the quote and some don't. So one quote may appear to be higher (but all inclusive) and another seem cheap (but includes nothing.) Since you only need a bus to get there and get home I would recommend getting two separate busses - one from your area to take you, and one based out of the area of the camp to take you home. That would probably be cheaper since you're not paying for the bus and driver on days you aren't using them! Don't forget you have to tip drivers too!

The year we took the mini bus to camp we only took it there. Ended up being $25 per girl for the bus. Lots of parents make the drive on the last day for the activities, so girls we're responsible for finding their own way home. Of course not all parents came, but enough did to take home other kids. It was much cheaper to have a mini coach that only went one way. I drove my car separately, while the other coaches were on the bus, so that we would have a car to get home in!
Thanks! I've requested quotes for just talking them now, so we will see what they come back at. The round trip pricing was high, and I forgot they do things the last day parents can watch. Hoping to find them a way to camp and then a handful of parents that will drive up to watch the last day & bring home. Also looking into a mini bus or a few larger vans. :)

Back