OT Cheer Diets

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Eat stuff from the outer edges of the grocery store. Ease up on the packaged stuff in the middle. If you're too thin, you won't be strong enough to jump, tumble, base, or fly well, so fuel the tank with plenty of whole foods.

Eat stuff from the outer edges of the grocery store. Ease up on the packaged stuff in the middle. If you're too thin, you won't be strong enough to jump, tumble, base, or fly well, so fuel the tank with plenty of whole foods.
do you have any good ideas on meals and snacks like suggestions

It really depends on what you like. My daughter could probably eat grilled chicken and Swiss chard every day.

I do tend to cook seasonally. Lots of fish in the summer because my husband catches it. Tomatoes and fresh basil, maybe some mozzarella or goat cheese. Green beans, grilled zucchini, Greek type salads, etc. Greek yogurt with fresh berries for breakfast.

Fall and winter is more red meat because we have venison. Squash soups, Brussels sprouts, pumpkin muffins, collards, kale, roasted beets, sweet potatoes.

To get new ideas, I like to look at pretty food pics on Pinterest.

Eat at home, rather than out. Make your plate 1/2 veg, 1/4 protein (lean) and 1/2 healthy carbs (brown, whole wheat), etc. for a quick answer. Watch your portions. Use low calorie things to season - salsa, tomato paste or sauces with herbs/spices. We're on a big chili pepper flakes seasoning kick at the moment. Adds some nice spice.

Eat at home, rather than out. Make your plate 1/2 veg, 1/4 protein (lean) and 1/2 healthy carbs (brown, whole wheat), etc. for a quick answer. Watch your portions. Use low calorie things to season - salsa, tomato paste or sauces with herbs/spices. We're on a big chili pepper flakes seasoning kick at the moment. Adds some nice spice.
Spicy food makes you feel full longer as well. Portions can be simple think palm size for meat, fist for carbs and two for veggies :)

If you dont like drinking water, you can just drink fruit infused water instead. Pretty much the same thing, but you can out lemon, strawberry, mint, cucumber, etc. in there. That way you're getting the benefit of fruit and water at once :)
And if you have an Instagram, go look at ALL the fitness pages! Honestly, you get such good tips and motivation! Whenever I feel too lazy for life I always see their pictures on my newsfeed and make myself go to the gym! I can always recommend some if anyone wants :)

My boyfriend and I live by "perimeter shopping". generally, the fresh foods (dairy, produce and meat) are on the outside of the store. Tho, they tend to put the pop and chip aisle on and outside as well...

I swear by drinking a ton of water. If you hate water, you can add some Mio or Crystal Lite for flavour without the sugar or calories.

I eat almost all my veggies raw. I find them more filling, but this could just be psychological. In order to keep me from snacking on packaged stuff, I cut up veggies and store them so that they're easy to grab for snacking.

Keep a food journal. Not so much to track calories or fats, but to keep you accountable to yourself, and make you conscious of your food choices. You'll start to see the points in your day where you're consistently snacking, or making poor choices. Awareness of how you currently eat and what needs to change was key for me!

A food journal is a great thing and really worked for me, too. I just wrote down on a memo app on my phone what i ate and how much. My biggest problem is that i´m eating unhealthy things when i am stressed or when i have nothing to do (at work, i´m done with everything and can´t find something to do).
Now that i know when i eat stuff i shouldn´t it´s easier to avoid it.

I could go on for DAYS about clean eating. I'm kinda a nutrition and fitness junkie. what everyone has said is really good. I don't know if you cook for yourself or if your mom does still, but honestly, pinterest has been my best friend. I've been trying to find creative and fun recipes that are cheap and easy but still healthy. and I have found TONS of them on pinterest. all kinds of meals and snacks. great for someone trying to eat healthy while on a tight budget and limited time. I'll actually give you the link to mine, but you can search all over pinterest depending on what you like. I'm fruit and veggie obsessed, and dont really eat meat, so youll find alot of rabbit food meals on mine. but I'm good about still packing it full of healthy protein to keep my energy up. if you have any more specific questions I would be happy to help, I just don't want to bore you with my rambling!

Chrissy Wojnarwsky (chrissywojo) on Pinterest

Back